EIT Gloves

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steveadore

by steveadore

Does anyone have experience with gloves based on the Elastic Interface EIT one-piece 3D palms? Q36.5, DeMarchi, DHB, Giro all have models using this palm, which is basically supposed to be a sort of chamois for the hand :D
What I would particularly like to know is whether one needs to size down or not. Q36.5 and DeMarchi both have sizing charts for these gloves that suggest going down one size compared to one's usual size in traditional gloves, which makes me wonder if this is because the EIT palm itself is sized more generously. But DHB (Wiggle) have the same sizing as for non-EIT regular gloves, even though some Wiggle reviews mention that sizing down might be a good idea.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I have the Q36.5 in medium where I have XL in Specialized and L in Assos gloves.
The size chart worked for me. only the fabric is very elatic and does not feel tight but the glove is not slipping or anything.
If in between sizes I would go down one size.
They are definetely comfortable, maybe more than anything I had before but not by a big margin.
I only miss a nose whipe part. Good luck!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

marcelflash wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:10 am
I have the Q36.5 in medium where I have XL in Specialized and L in Assos gloves.
The size chart worked for me. only the fabric is very elatic and does not feel tight but the glove is not slipping or anything.
If in between sizes I would go down one size.
They are definetely comfortable, maybe more than anything I had before but not by a big margin.
I only miss a nose whipe part. Good luck!
I wear M in Specialized gloves (Grail) and they fit me really well. According to the Q36.5 chart, I need size S rather than M. Unfortunately, however, size S is sold out at the moment, so I've thought of trying the DHB Aeron instead, since it uses the same palm. But the DHB size chart puts me in the M camp, which I find a bit confusing, since the palm is exactly the same as the Q36.5 (EIT Slim), and I suspect DHB were just too lazy to provide a separate sizing chart for their EIT gloves (if you check DeMarchi, for example, they have one size chart for their regular gloves and a different one for the EIT model, which is pretty much the same as the Q36.5 chart too)