Upgrade from a Time VXRS Ulteam?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

oops, my bad! :oops:
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

claus

by claus

Thanks for all the replies (postings and PM)!

I checked all the suggested bikes and it seems that for me the VXRS is (still) the best bike (as some have suggested and as it seemed to me too).
Currently I'm not interested in going the custom route, so I just keep on enjoying my Time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

YoYo

by YoYo

I have both VXRS Ulteam and VRX Proteam both medium...My Proteam is by everyday training bike, my VXRS is myy special ride bike. I am thinking of sprucing up with a naked carbon weave matt finish and dark decals and also converting to eps interna wiring. Costs is about 20% to 25% of a new current zxrs frame from Time. Not sure whether to proceed....worried about issues arising from the modifcations. I just love my VXRS Ulteam though...

Has anybody had any experience with similar mods?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Who is doing the modification?

claus

by claus

So it's "new" bike (frame) time due to a hit-and-run wrecking my VXRS Ulteam.

The requirements are basically the same as before, just to summarize:

I'm looking for a light "climbing" bike that offers a similar ride quality and "look" as the VXRS Ulteam, i.e., mostly horizontal top tube, no huge diameters (e.g., the down tubes on the Fuji SL 1.x and Cannondale SuperSix Evo have a larger diameter than my arms).

Anything new on the market since 2013 which would match my requirements?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

claus wrote:So it's "new" bike (frame) time due to a hit-and-run wrecking my VXRS Ulteam.

The requirements are basically the same as before, just to summarize:

I'm looking for a light "climbing" bike that offers a similar ride quality and "look" as the VXRS Ulteam, i.e., mostly horizontal top tube, no huge diameters (e.g., the down tubes on the Fuji SL 1.x and Cannondale SuperSix Evo have a larger diameter than my arms).

Anything new on the market since 2013 which would match my requirements?

Colnago C59 or C60? Friend of mine was in the same position as you are. He was amazed at the handling in comparison to the Time. Having had one of the last VXRS Worldstar frames I can understand the lightness & comfort aspects but the handling left a little to be desired. Italian geometry just works. De Rosa & Colnago have a slightly lower BB which makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

TIME Izon? Light enough, stiff enough for you, and you won't find anything better in terms of manufacturing quality.

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

I've got an Izon - a thing of beauty & wonderful to ride.