Bike Frames Prices in Indonesia

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stevepeter83

by stevepeter83

Hi everyone,

I'm currently interested in either BMC Team SLR01 or Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think2. I do some research and some Indonesian stores actually come up.

My question is, how come the prices are so much cheaper than in Australia? I'm in Australia at the moment by the way. The price is less than 1/2 the price in Australia. Does that sound too good to be true?

I'm from Surabaya, Indonesia originally and just search for BMC Impec, it costs around AUD$2K. In Australia the Impec frameset is AUD$6K. So is the one in Indonesia real?

What's interesting as well is, few days ago I opened Canyon's website and they don't ship to Australia but rather only to selected countries which Indonesia happens to be one of them. So I'm wandering if the frames are actually legit and cheaper in Indo? If that's the case I should buy them there!

Steve

bura

by bura

Such a delicate question asked with the first post?
I try to give my best.
Because these frames are not only fake...they do not exist.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

^this

unfortunately indonesia has become notorious for websites selling bikes that will never be delivered, must make it really tough for a legitimate business to succeed there

unless you know someone local who can walk into a real store, check the bike, and only then hand over any money, stay well away

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I would imagine the Canyon frames would be ok as they would be shipped direct from Canyon in Germany to Indonesia but don't think they would be any cheaper just because they are shipping to Indonesia as you would likely pay the Euro price from Canyon just in local currency.

On the other frames, if a deal is too good to be true.....

stevepeter83

by stevepeter83

Hi everyone,

Thanks for replying. I'll probably be going back at the end of the year and wouldn't mind checking the bike shops there. I'm still interested in the Canyon as they don't ship to Australia.

Cheers,
Steve