So I endend Ordering a Ciamillo V3 Crank, so Now what rings?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello,

So i decide to go compact on my Moots Vamoots RSL, and to replace my Cannondale SL + Spydering 53/39
i close the the deal with Ted Ciamillo, and bought a V3 with a 110mm Crank Spider all matte black. (That should arraive in 4 weeks)

So now what chainrings? I'm running Super Record 11 and Both the MKV chainrings and spidering, been working great:

So my shortlist are:

1 - Praxis Clover 50/34 - read alot of good reviews, both 10/11 speeds - "shift quality and great stifness" - Looks are more or less. (see the pic below)
2 - Carbon-Ti Ca / Al EVO TI 50/34 - I Have them on my mountain bike in 42/27 and They work great with XX. do not know at Road. The price is really high, stifness and shifting on the Road are unknow to me, they look really great.
3 - KCNC K3 Cobweb 50/34 - I havent read nothing on this Chainrings besides the looks, so stiffness and shift Hing Quality are?
4 -Last but not least - Stronglight Ct2 50/34 - shift's great. Stifness ???, looks ok.

i would like to ear some of your feedback on this products, if you have them, i've a 1 month to decide.

weight are no priority here.

Best Regards
Nuno

soonerrebel

by soonerrebel

I haven't tried the other chainrings but I can recommended the Praxis rings. Ran the compact rings on Cannondale SI cranks with SR11. The rings worked perfectly with no front derailleur issues. The understated graphics are a plus also. I recently removed the compact setup, 50/34 Clover (compact gearing just didn't work out for my riding style), and replaced with a 53/39 Praxis setup. I plan on selling the compact rings.
Last edited by soonerrebel on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdp211

by jdp211

I've been running stronglight rings with record 11 (standard, not compact). They're the best shifting rings I've tried and I've got no stiffness issues.

kbike00

by kbike00

Praxis rings shift awesome, but they are not the lightest.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

elfuinha wrote:weight are no priority here.

Nuno

"GET THEE TO A NUNNERY"- Weight is always a priority...
JOking aside the stonglights do the job, shift well but Ive never seen a stronglight vs Praxis shootout.
KCNC Ive a suspicion, after their cranks I had, that they tend to ship the product out and do the R&D on your bike...
Great for seatclamps, bolts and other annodized pimpery but I personally wouldn't trust them with anything critical again...

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Abou Carbon-ti, any one on these?????

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I'll be running S-WORKS Team on mine.
carbonLORD.com

RyanH

by RyanH

With SRAM Red 2010 shifters and a Dura Ace 7900 FD, I had a lot of trouble getting the front shifting perfect with the CT2 rings. Now that I'm on the new Red Quarq with the new 2012 rings, I haven't dropped a single chain.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

i'm thinking of going with Carbon-ti Evo 52/36, since i can get them with a good price.

total weight of chain rings - 103g

total weight of the crank inc. Sram Ceramic PFBB30- "expected" - 596g, lets seen still 2,5 weeks waiting.

Best Regards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com