What better time for all of us to meet? LW lottery as well!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Westbank

by Westbank

Personnaly I find LJ's posts really interesting since I can admire some actual photos of parts I'm dreaming of. Even thought some are purely for entertainment, sometimes it's fun and different than the usual technical blah blah.

I wish I could attend the event but my goal is to upgrade my current bike; so the budget will go towards that this year. (Yeah, I'm a materialist)

CarbonSports (LW) is getting alot of exposure lately. I guess this is somewhat related to the future release of the new Ventoux wheelset.

[Ali G's voice] Respect ! [/Ali G's voice]

turbo pepper

by turbo pepper

Don't rise to the bait guys.

I can see why people get annoyed by some of the posts here, if you don't have much cash, seeing people showing off the finest kit is annoying at times if you're the jealous type. I came to this site thinking my bike was nice and now it just looks average!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PNuT

by PNuT

forums need colourful people like LJ :D

his posts are definatly better than that awfull pinarello :!:
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

Karbon

by Karbon

CarbonSports wrote:
WoofWoof wrote:everything else was typical lj :roll:

Typical LJ, 100% true.

Not too bad, though.

Cycling on Mallorca over Christmas on a nice (own) bike. Meeting and riding with Ete Zabel. Taking some pics (and posting them) and share the experience with others.

Sounds fun for me :) (And it sure was)

What´s so bad about being like that? Please explain!

Thanks!

Sour grapes probably :roll:

Personally I'm glad to be told about his trip. It reminds me of one I took where I met Bjarne Riis back when he rode for Gewiss..... I still lust after a Gewiss De Rosa Titanio (but don't get me thinking about that again or my next post will be about buying one :twisted: ).

PNuT

by PNuT

this maybe were woofwoof is coming from.....

Road
Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Moderator Moderator Team

im not bothered either way but there is alot of offtopic stuff on the boards....

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

PNuT wrote:this maybe were woofwoof is coming from.....

Road
Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Moderator Moderator Team

im not bothered either way but there is alot of offtopic stuff on the boards....

Turncoat!

Perhaps we should all clamp down on threads that are about anything else but "What bars/wheels/rims/spokes/shoes/frames/socks/brains/saddles etc are lightest" or "How can I remove weight from my bike" or "Tuned rear mech", however if this is done then we also remove threads such as "Samu's Kitchen" which is about building a TT frame himself out of carbon and isn't really applicable to anyone else for the most part, nor will it be extremely light. I for one think that would be tragic (I know there are some very WW parts Samu has made but this isn't my point).

Also define 'light weight'. For me a light weight bike road bike is sub 8kg, and lightweight mountain bike is sub 11kg. For many people their definition will be heavier or lighter than these, based on experience, funds and access to components. Does that mean they have no place on these boards? Does that mean that someone with their £400 bike should not be allowed to ask questions here because their bike is too heavy? If that person is a 14 yr old kid who has saved for that machine for a long time then flaming them isn't really going to welcome them into the cycling community. I think the moderators walk the difficult path between being over zealous and too liberal very well.

Anyway... I am going to stop now, because very few of my entries are actually that useful, ceratinly less so than many other posters, so I'll shut it.

nikh

by nikh

WoofWoof, you have been warned once privately of your behaviour a few weeks ago.

If you continue to post non-constructive comments we will ban you and all your other fictitious user names.

Last warning.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

PNuT

by PNuT

richardtoddywoddy wrote:Turncoat!

Perhaps we should all clamp down on threads that are about anything else but "What bars/wheels/rims/spokes/shoes/frames/socks/brains/saddles etc are lightest" or "How can I remove weight from my bike" or "Tuned rear mech", however if this is done then we also remove threads such as "Samu's Kitchen" which is about building a TT frame himself out of carbon and isn't really applicable to anyone else for the most part, nor will it be extremely light. I for one think that would be tragic (I know there are some very WW parts Samu has made but this isn't my point).

Also define 'light weight'. For me a light weight bike road bike is sub 8kg, and lightweight mountain bike is sub 11kg. For many people their definition will be heavier or lighter than these, based on experience, funds and access to components. Does that mean they have no place on these boards? Does that mean that someone with their £400 bike should not be allowed to ask questions here because their bike is too heavy? If that person is a 14 yr old kid who has saved for that machine for a long time then flaming them isn't really going to welcome them into the cycling community. I think the moderators walk the difficult path between being over zealous and too liberal very well.

Anyway... I am going to stop now, because very few of my entries are actually that useful, ceratinly less so than many other posters, so I'll shut it.

what part of *im not bothered* didnt you get :lol:

moderating is alittle off topic for this fred :wink:

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

I really love the variaty of topics, posts and posters his on this forum.

I like the aproach of LJ (a super enthousiast willing to share his experiences) as well as I like the very technical and detailled topics that go far above my knowledge (and are interesting for me to learn)... Personally I'm less convinced by topics about whatever kind of product on eBay, but as long as people are interested in it, there should be a place for this as well. Live and let live: this is a great forum and a house for every enthousiast about biking, whatever his/her aproach is. A few criticism is allowed and is healthy, but no need to break anyone down.

col hicks

by col hicks

woof woof . i think this forum is great the best . i agree it could do with a few more nice bikes being shown but if i am not mistaken LJ provides the goods, nice bikes and gear . he has already said he works hard for his money so what is your problem get off his back

PNuT

by PNuT

col hicks wrote:woof woof . i think this forum is great the best . i agree it could do with a few more nice bikes being shown but if i am not mistaken LJ provides the goods, nice bikes and gear . he has already said he works hard for his money so what is your problem get off his back

i thought he was an accountant :? :wink: :wink: :lol:

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

woofwoof: You have proven to all of us once and for all that you do not have true WW spirit. Stop being a grouchy jealous person, just enjoy all the stuff that people including LJ bring to the board, and let the moderators worry if it is in the wrong forum. :roll: 8) :idea:
Cannondale is quite simply the best

kman

by kman

C a s r a n wrote:I really love the variaty of topics, posts and posters his on this forum.

I like the aproach of LJ (a super enthousiast willing to share his experiences) as well as I like the very technical and detailled topics that go far above my knowledge (and are interesting for me to learn)... Personally I'm less convinced by topics about whatever kind of product on eBay, but as long as people are interested in it, there should be a place for this as well. Live and let live: this is a great forum and a house for every enthousiast about biking, whatever his/her aproach is. A few criticism is allowed and is healthy, but no need to break anyone down.

:goodpost: Weight Weenie of the Year - :thumbup: need I say more?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

martin

by martin

CarbonSports wrote:
PNuT wrote:lightweights are getting a bit common.....

?

How many have you seen recently?

Lots :) My club already had 5 or 6 LW disks running even in D&O-Times, that means about 2-3% of the total production at that time :) and we are a mostly non-racing Club with ~60 members :p
(But we are -as D&O were- based in Munich...)

Even without that, LWs have become a more common sight. In 2003 when i got mine i, only met 2 other LW riders all year long, both at the "Ötztaler" Marathon.
in 2005, i counted alone 10 sets (3 Obermayers among them) at the "Giro delle Dolomiti" which is always a sort of italian WW event - only uphill TTs a week long :) . At the Ötzi i also saw several sets...

edit: i think spooted a pair or two at the LW open day, but i could be mistaken; might hav been rebadged Cosmic Carbones or Bontrager xXx's :D :D :D
But anyway: I would appreciate it if our (at least) 2.500 € Wheelset would become some sort of standard equipment :D

I guess so :)

Brilliant offer on the training camp!
Unfortunately, the offer is a bit late as we have already planed our annual training camp... I'll be by coincidence in Malle at that timwe although at the opposite corner of he island near Pollenca. I will try and catch a car one evening to visit you gouys, though :)
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Thought carbonsporsts were giving away a holiday before I clicked on the link...great idea though. It would be good if they could have a day like this in various countries, not a lot of us can afford to just jump on a plane to mallorca but I think quite a few would be willing to go across their country for a weekend. I think the Australian market is getting to a stage where people are starting to become willing to spend the money but I for one have only ever seen a front lightweight; and that was in New Zealand of all places. I'll probably never be able to afford a pair but it's got to put a few people off if they can't try first. Heck, you could have a Datsun for every day of the week at that price; Lightweights might last a little longer though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com