Thoughts on road tubeless sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gunjira

by Gunjira

Reviving the thread with some new info, as I spoke with the IRC folks at the tokyo cyclocross event yesterday. Apparently, in March they will come out with their first race-grade 25 tubeless tire. It promises to be more subtle than the 25 training tire they are already selling and will be priced similarly to its existing 23 version (formula). It sounded that they want to stick to reinforced sidewalls, rather than tubeless ready. So, while sealant isn't obligatory, the tires might be a tad heavier.

I don't have any idea about distribution, but most likely Japan first. Personally, I'm intrigued, but will go with Schwalbe One's in 25/28 for pricing and availability as my first road tubeless.

Gunjira

by Gunjira

New IRC road and CX tubeless tires announced. Japanese article with pictures.
http://www.cyclesports.jp/depot/detail.php?id=8468

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gunjira

by Gunjira

Has anybody got their hands on Schwalbe one tubeless tires in 25/28??? Although Schwalbe told me they are available, I do not see them anywhere. Glory cycles lists them as available April 1st, but from all I can tell, that might be the first shipment ever...

jeffy

by jeffy

Gunjira wrote:Has anybody got their hands on Schwalbe one tubeless tires in 25/28??? Although Schwalbe told me they are available, I do not see them anywhere. Glory cycles lists them as available April 1st, but from all I can tell, that might be the first shipment ever...

i was told a few months ago by a swalbe dealer that i located via the swalbe website that they (schwalbe) were only allowing them to be sold and mounted (by the store) .... don't know if this still applies, but yeah, not really available yet

rmerka

by rmerka

Yes I ordered a set direct from Schwalbe...through their website.