Can't Pairing PC7 with SRM Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Molek

by Molek

Hi

I got a PC7 and SRM Powermeter from my friend and I can't pair my PC7 with SRM Powermeter.
The Powermeter pairing mode was disappearing from the screen but Cadence/Speed with heart rate can pair to PC7 without problem.

How can I solve this issue?
Sorry for my broken grammar.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Are you sure there is power in the crank unit itself? When was the last time the unit was serviced with new batt?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Molek

by Molek

ipenguinking wrote:Are you sure there is power in the crank unit itself? When was the last time the unit was serviced with new batt?

Yes, I was sure.

mrgray

by mrgray

you've got to wake the srm up with a magnet. also how can you be sure the srm has power if it is not pairing.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

avispa

by avispa

It could be the battery power on your SRM is going low. Have you tried pairing the Power Meter with any other ANT+ compatible computer?

When I am troubleshooting on my power meters, I definitely test them with several computers to make sure all is good. The PC8 at least, tells you the power of the battery on the SRM.

..A..

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Any chance you are running a Go Pro mount on your bars?

I ask because I had purchased a generic Go Pro mount from Amazon that was causing interference with my PC8. We first thought the battery in my SRM died prematurely, but after replacement, it still didn't work right. The PC8 worked fine with my other SRM though, and my wife's Garmin had no trouble connecting with either SRM, so it was a bit strange trying to figure out the problem. Once I removed the Go Pro mount, everything was peachy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com