BH bikes - opinions wanted

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ekloewen

by ekloewen

Thanks, Petal666. That's some helpful info!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

OO very nice petal. I am 6'1'' and ride a large with a 120 stem, 797mm seat height and 175 crank arms. Absolutely LOVE the bike. Originally had the Ultralight RC and liked it so much I wanted to try the upgraded (lighter and stiffer) Ultralight frame. As previously stated it is a very smooth riding bike over rougher roads, and extremely stiff an snappy when it needs to be. BH is not as well known as the big brands, but definitely worth it.

6.33kg as pictured
Last edited by wpccrunner on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekloewen

by ekloewen

That is absolutely gorgeous, Petal.

Thanks for all the input, guys. Would love to hear from more of you!

I'm really leaning towards picking this bike up, especially after all the awesome things people are saying about them. They are relatively unknown in Canada, so I'll definitely have an original bike.

This is the bike.

klassekock

by klassekock

Gorgeous bikes!

F45

by F45

I have an RX1 carbon cyclocross bike. I stopped riding my road bike and just ride the RX1 on the road. It's quite stiff.

willieboy

by willieboy

Great thread. I just built up a new BH Ultralight. It came as advertised with a frame weight of 750 grams. Fork was spot on as well. Built it up with Campagnolo SR11, Hed Jet 4 FR wheels (sticker removed now), Schwalbe Durano S 23mm tires, Ritchey WCS alloy stem with Easton EC90 handlebars, Specialized CG-R S-Works seat post (not pictured), Specialized Romin Expert saddle, Lizard Skin 2.5 bar tape, Look Keo carbon blade pedals. 14.9 pounds and could easily be well under that with a few changes. I wasn't so worried about overall weight when building this bike. My goal was to build a stiff race bike even though I don't race. Well I got what I asked for. This bike is so stiff and accelerates so well that it's taking some getting used too. Overall the BH is really good a putting your power to the ground. Climbs like a billy goat. Holds speed well on the flats. Great bike.

valesavex

by valesavex

Hi, i'ma owner of a custom G6 from this year...the more i ride the more i'm happy with the bike.
My G6 is equipped with Sram Red front & Read derailleur (HSCER Carbon-ceramic pulleys), Rotor 3D+ & Q-Rings, Ciamillo ZeroG brakes, Cinelli Neos Stem & Carbon Handlebar, Seavid 1.2 Seddle, Speedplay stainless steel pedals, Carbon-Ti screwers, plus some ergal and titanium bolts.
The biks is quite light (6,4kg) despite the training wheels i'm using now (Marchisio Carbo-Race 38mm, Sram Force 11-28 cosg and Vredestain tubulars): i think i can go near 6,0-6,1 kg with a good set of wheels.
The frame si stiff anche comfortable in the same time, it's good in cornering, uphill & downhill are no-brain...really happy! Particularly the BB area is really massive anche stiff.
Paint Finishing is good and 2014 graphics are afr better than 2013 (IMHO).
The only flaw IMHO is the place where cable enter on downtube...i'de like a more advanced position, so cable housing would be shorter and more aero...

ekloewen

by ekloewen

Nice! What size is the bike? How tall are you?

valesavex

by valesavex

I'm 179cm but i have quite short legs...my size is M, and my seatpost is all inside frame...

This is a photo done with mi phone...it's not the actual version....the seaddle in the image is the previous one, the San Marco Aspide Carbon FX, and pulleys are standard SRAM...it was done 1 month ago...

Next week i'll update cable housing with Alligator I Link, and some ergal stuff in SRAM Front and rear derailleurs...in next week i'll build up a more deep section wheels.... :)

barsook77

by barsook77

it's amazing how these guys rip off the designs in China and Taiwan.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of those rides. You get what you pay for. and even then, sometimes ya get burned.

Outside of the Ferrari factory, T-1000 Mitsubishi is the minimum I would use or just go to the source in France on their high end bikes. Tough to beat that quality.

valesavex

by valesavex

...as i know Cervello are done in China, Canyon are done in China and so many other big brands....
BH is doing bikes so far, so i don't know if they ripped off design.
A friend of mine who was working as professional mechanic for pro team (Sky, Kathusa, Colnago) told me about design process of BH and the team involved in....
Probably other big brands spend a lot of money in advertising....and you pay also for that!!!