Seatpost with zero/ minimal setback

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fifarafa

by fifarafa

Hi all,

I'm looking for durable carbon seatpost. I need 9 mm setback, so I wonder between seatpost with zero and 10-12 mm setback (sth like Deda Superleggero RS or Mnlink). What do you think which is better? Could you recommend me some?

thanks!
Last edited by fifarafa on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

BRM

by BRM

Please use the search because its a returning question that is answered multiple times already.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

I've been using the Tune Schwarzes Stück seatpost from Tune which is a zero setback. It's a great minimalist seatpost which I just completed a review of if you want to read it. Overall a great zero setback to consider.

https://jrmynthn.squarespace.com/blog/2015/1/12/sit-on-it

otoman

by otoman

I've always been partial to the 3T Dorico. It is zero setback, but the widely placed clamps sometimes limit how far you can move the saddle compared to other seat posts.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

erik$

by erik$

The Enve straight has about 5mm.

munk93

by munk93

And that thing is really good looking. Also, it has a round, and oval rail option, despite having a specific clampsystem. (Oval for carbon, round for alloy/titanium)

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

Agreed the ENVE is a really great seatpost in either zero or setback. There is a reason so many others use their clamping system. It works and works very well. Easy to setup and and easy to make adjustments.

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

first one yes. the others no. They are the same concept but done slightly differently. IMHO the best clamping system is the Fizik clamp but they don't make it in a zero setback and it's quite heavy compared to others. The bridge and cradle used by posts like Tune and MCFK are the lightest and most difficult to work with. But once it's set and dialed you benefit from the weight savings every day. The ENVE system is probably the best overall.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I too would recommend the ENVE zero setback post. I use one with custom painted decals 8) on my Parlee and love the aesthetics and comfort of it. However I haven't found the mechanism to be as great as some others - it's slipped a couple of times now, despite being tightened to the correct torque. It's a shame and an annoyance!
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

2old4this

by 2old4this

Check out Schmolke as well. Freakishly light weight zero setbacks. They also have 10mm setback ones (which I've never used/seen in person.)

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Enve "zero" has 5mm offset.

Thomson setback is 15mm.

Syntace P6 Hiflex is also a great option. It's zero offset, but it's clamp design is great and lets you get to 10-12mm offset easily, while still supporting the rails well.

Zipp setback posts have 20mm, so you can get to your desired setback easily with one of those as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com