Bont Vaypor mid shoe cleat position

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Hello, been thinking of trying going mid foot, I remember how my old shimano r215 in size 9 with the cleats slammed all the way back where almost there=)

has any one tried it, give me some direction as well, thanks

did some search, nothing good came up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shimmeD

by shimmeD

I think you could be clearer on what you're asking but anyway try Steve Hogg, a proponent of mid-foot cleat position.
Less is more.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Sorry. I was interested if anyone had any luck converting their Bonts to the mid food cleat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

shimmeD

by shimmeD

That's OK as I think I've answered your question in that Steve Hogg has written about conversion of any shoe. Mind you I read it in cyclingnews.com's forum many moons ago and am not sure if it's available on his website.
Less is more.

megalightman

by megalightman

Ive been using mid sole cleats for over five years now using shoes I have modified.
Its pretty straight forward to do as long as the bit you're putting the cleat on is flat or you can make it flat.
I use two bolt spd's because its easier to do.
This is my thread on the football boots I now use ~ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113006

by 113245

I imagine it would be rather difficult. I have Bont CTT-1s and the bottom of the sole past the usual mounting area is extremely curvy... You could potentially make it work depending on what cleats you use, maybe by sanding down the cleat to fit the curve of the shoe better. I know people have had good results (i.e. no issues) with drilling their own holes in the shoes but for the most part the drilling I've seen occurs in the cleat-mounting area so I dont know how structurally sound it would be.
Personally I use speedplays with my similarly small-sized shoes, slammed all the way back; it's not quite mid sole but its definitely better than ball of foot.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

thanks guys, that carbon soccer shoe looks sick, im first going to try find the speedplay extender plate, and if that feels good, will do the custom job=)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com