HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm 

I've been running Mini iLinks and normal brake iLinks for a year now and I love it.
Problem is, after I replaced the liner at the beginning of the season I realized that I need to find a source for next year (or if something goes wrong with it now).

...so I bought all the different kinds I could find on ebay to give some impressions (coming soon). I bought the Jagwire, PowerCords and Nokon (brake) liners. Jagwire and PowerCords stuff was identical in every way once outside the packaging and Nokon is definitely stronger/heavier. The sad story here is that none of them fit inside the mini iLinks.

I've decided that I love the iLinks/Nokon/AICAN style of housing enough that buying all the liners will come in handy as I'm going to get another kit and run them on all my bikes eventually.

I'm still looking for sources of mini iLinks so if someone can chime in where they get their's I would love to hear it. Stopping by my LBS in about 30 minutes so we'll see if they have any ideas but I highly doubt it as they don't seem very knowledgeable on "uncommon" stuff like this.

-Jordan

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 pm 

accurately measure the stuff that fits, then google for ptfe tubing, it's available in a wide range of sizes,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm 

I would love to know also if anyone has found some... The jagwire works in standard ilinks, but I have not been able to find a source for the actual mini ilink. A while back, prendrefeu and I tried to locate ptfe liners through McMaster-Carr, but they didn't have an appropriate id/od option. If they don't have it, well, it may not exist as a stand-alone product. I hope I'm wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78656&start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link to what they do offer, which would be appropriate for standard iLink

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plast ... ng/=nju328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Choose metric, and 1.8mm id on the left-hand filter pane to pull it up)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 pm 
Shop Owner

We may not have it listed on our site, but we do have it in stock for both mini and standard I link. Drop me an email if you need some.

Fair Wheel Blog

Friend me on Facebook for behind the scenes updates

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 am 

jordo99 wrote:
I've been running Mini iLinks and normal brake iLinks for a year now and I love it.
Problem is, after I replaced the liner at the beginning of the season I realized that I need to find a source for next year (or if something goes wrong with it now).

...so I bought all the different kinds I could find on ebay to give some impressions (coming soon). I bought the Jagwire, PowerCords and Nokon (brake) liners. Jagwire and PowerCords stuff was identical in every way once outside the packaging and Nokon is definitely stronger/heavier. The sad story here is that none of them fit inside the mini iLinks.

I've decided that I love the iLinks/Nokon/AICAN style of housing enough that buying all the liners will come in handy as I'm going to get another kit and run them on all my bikes eventually.

I'm still looking for sources of mini iLinks so if someone can chime in where they get their's I would love to hear it. Stopping by my LBS in about 30 minutes so we'll see if they have any ideas but I highly doubt it as they don't seem very knowledgeable on "uncommon" stuff like this.

-Jordan

If you go with Aicans, you'll no longer need liners as they're integrated with the housing.