Fabric Scoop Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDoc

by TheDoc

Love my Aliante but got pretty curious about them Fabric Scoop saddles.

Questions is I am not sure whether I should go with the shallow or the radius shape... Has anyone tried both?

wingguy

by wingguy

Both the Radius and the Shallow are shallower than an Aliante - so I'd suggest the Radius as it's more similar. Fabric do have demo saddles out with many retailers though. Ride one and see what you think.

If it works for you then the Radius Ultimate would save a bit more weight for a lot less money than an R1 Braided.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naylor343

by naylor343

This may help you. I have always used the original style classic flite saddle. I just purchased a flat scoop 142mm. I used it a couple of times and sold it on. I found it to be too flat and this made it feel wider than its measured width, if that makes sense? This pushed me forward and I found it hard to stay in the back of the saddle when riding easy and climbing. A word on the range as a whole, the finish is amazing, the new construction method is like nothing available before. All black is V.nice. I went for the manganese rails,as I didn't want to spend too much on an unknown. This model comes with black rails and not silver as shown on their web site. I will carry on for now with my flites, but may go for the radius at a later date.

Some one is selling a carbon railed flat scoop on bikeradar at the moment.

naylor343

by naylor343

If you take a look at the add on bikeradar, the guy has a pic of the rear of the saddle that shows how 'flat' the flat model actually is
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=13022598

In case you are wondering, this is not my sale and I do not know the seller.

TheDoc

by TheDoc

Thanks for the info guys!