I fitted my Madone 5.9 frame with older SRAM Red that I had spare after upgrading the groupset on my Parlee Z5.
I set the brakes up according to the Trek/Bontrager manual, which has 2 scenes for pull ratio, one for Shimano and another for SRAM / Campagnolo. The braking was pretty poor, and I tried a number of things like swapping pads, checking cable ends opened properly post cutting, and living with Teflon Dry Lube.
I Spent a bit of time fiddling this morning, I lubed the cables with dry Teflon lube, shortened the cable housing under the BB by 1cm, and I set the brakes up on the Shimano setting to see if it would improve the braking.
Obviously the 2010 SRAM Red has a similar pull ratio to Shimano.
The brakes feel much better now.
Not as good as my 2013 SRAM Red, but a massive improvement over the dead feel and poor stopping that I was experiencing before.
I am really relieved that I now have brakes that work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free