Brown/Tan Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

So I'm looking for a traditionally coloured saddle, in brown or tan, as seen on the Charge Spoon etc.

Any recommendations as to the best option? None of the more popular brands (e.g. fi'zi:k) seem to offer one? I'm after a modern style one not a Brooks or similar.

Matching tape would also be a bonus.

Last edited by Devon on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Selle San Marco has a few models: http://www.sanmarcovintage.com/it/vinta ... earch=vntg
Their Zoncolan is/was also available in leather.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

Thanks. I'm after a modern race saddle rather than the traditional style (e.g. Brooks). The Zoncolan looks decent.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I remember someone on this forum found a really nice leather one (not like a Brooks). I believe he put it on a titanium bike (Passoni?).

Devon

by Devon

I currently have a budget Madison Prime which I have found fantastic (especially considering it was less than £20 new), it also comes in a brown finish, however it's fairly heavy at 260g.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

It was this one...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=115057&p=981388#p981388. Not cheap. Frankly if you live in Plymouth just get a saddlemaker (there is one in Ivybridge, possibly also one in Modbury) to cover your favorite model.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

No, I had a different one in mind. I guess it wasn't on the Passoni. It had perforated tan leather.

Devon

by Devon

That's the kind of thing I'm after! Very nice indeed. Perforated tan would be amazing!

Do you have a name or contact for the Ivybridge saddle maker?

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Devon

by Devon

maxxevv wrote:Google would be your good friend:

[url]

Yes, because Google provides a list of suitable candidates with opinions and use reports without loads of junk thrown in. I wouldn't have made a topic if I hadn't already done some research. Please don't post spam my thread.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Specialized (which happens to be quite popular with a fair number of weightweenies) has one in brown, though not leather ...

And that was from the Google link. :roll:

Oh to add, this might not be popular, but I'm pretty sure most people would consider this to be a pretty sexy saddle in leather.

*again, its with Google search*

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Devon wrote:The Zoncolan looks decent.

Yes, honestly for me it's the best looking saddle out there. Got me the leather version and tried hard to love it, but my preference is not with flat saddles. If you like the Spoon above, chances are it's similar for you. SSM Aspide and (soon) Regale for me.