Lighten my Scott CR1 Please!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116598

Current weight 14.88lb.

Now I've seen some superlight Scott builds here.

I have £350-500 to loose some weight on it.

I have PlanetX brakeset on order at 209g and some One23 ti\carbon skewers at 43g

Stem I'm happy with for it's weight and bars well can go lighter but would want the same geometry as I currently have there.

Seatpost I'd be gutted to swap out but realise I can loose weight there.

Saddle a no-no as it fits me perfect.

Crankset could do 3D+ instead of the 3DF.

Ideas welcome!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Wheels..

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Yeah - Wheels, man. If you insist on staying with Al clinchers then I recommend some Kinlin XR200s with bikehubstore hubs and cx rays unless you're particularly heavy and/or powerful. They can come in around ~1300g.

How about swapping the Rotor 3DF for the new Sram exogram crank? That'd lose maybe as much as 150g and last time I checked on Wiggle they were only 280 quid or so. Make sure you swap the chainrings though, the default ones are boat anchors. Perhaps Praxis/TA/Fibre Lyte?

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

The R-Sys on there are 1397g weighed so thought them not to be bad at all.

SRAM exogram look good and found for £225 on Ebay. Would keep the Stronglight rings though.

A light pushfit BB for the cranks? (had a shimano bb91 originally)

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Gazza, have a look at the CR1 buildlist on the link in my sig, the spreadsheet shows the the grammage of the things like BB, Seatpost that could save you some significant weight.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Oops yeah I should have looked more carefully as I thought they were ksyriums or something. The wheels are probably not worth upgrading in that case. I'd look at maybe a light cassette though? I run Recon Al cassettes and mine is 140g for an 11-29; insanely light. Not for everyone though, whilst mine shifted well and lasted ages, it'd fair to say that won't be the case for everyone.

What about tyres? latex tubes are like ~60g each and then something like Veloflex Masters or Records would be light and ride really nice. Don't ride these in the winter though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com