2014 Campagnolo groups?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
tinozee

by tinozee

Batman called, he wants his grappling hook back.

petal666

by petal666

Did Campagnolo license tech from Shimano? The 'arm' on the FD and the crank are rather similar.

by Weenie

elSid

by elSid

I like the way it looks, but want to know more about width, weight, stiffness, bcd, etc.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

ultimobici wrote:Remember when Campag ditched their elegant alloy square taper cranks and introduced Ultratorque after a brief carbon square taper? That was a sea change too. But we got over it.

/every new groupset that is released

I like the new Campag. I liked the old. I had no functional issues with the old either. So if the new works better then that's excellent.

Lewis

by Lewis

It might look better fitted to a bike, but at the minute I don't like it. SRAM force and Shimano look best now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Canyon Ultimate AL 8.0

Bantamben

by Bantamben

There prices aren't that bad. Especially off ribble and wiggle. The us prices are ridiculous though. Ribble has shimano for cheap too. Also I would compare chorus and record with DA 9000

petepeterson

by petepeterson

petepeterson

by petepeterson

This is growing on me. I really like it all but still wish the cranks were just a little less swoopy. Funny how the P2Max guys just got the campa crank sorted now a new crank is released.

The discussion on derailleurs reminds me of the most popular comment on new MTB tech "looks like a Trek". I think it's pretty normal for good ideas to cross pollinate and see a general convergence which technology. Good ideas stick. Smart phones come to mind.

Permon

by Permon

petepeterson wrote:This is growing on me.

+1

Calnago

by Calnago

I liked it from the start and wasn't getting the initial "hit with the ugly stick" comments. I think it's a rather predictable and aesthetically pleasing evolution. Don't see any faults in it at all. Would go great on a C60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TimW

by TimW

petepeterson wrote:This is growing on me. I really like it all but still wish the cranks were just a little less swoopy. Funny how the P2Max guys just got the campa crank sorted now a new crank is released.

When I said that I just got lots of strange comments!

I don't have a problem with the aesthetics either. I just think Campagnolo could do with thinking about cranks a bit more. What have we had in the last five years or so....ultratorque, powertorque, overtorque...

lippythelion

by lippythelion

I really hope I can retro fit those new hoods to my 2012 SR shifters!

fletch62

by fletch62

Oh my. This could convince me to go electronic if the price is right.
I'd need a new frame to go with it of course.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/electronic-campagnolo-chorus-eps-groupset-launched

russianbear

by russianbear

So 4 electronic groups now? Or are they scrapping Athena?

ferrarista

by ferrarista

russianbear wrote:So 4 electronic groups now? Or are they scrapping Athena?

no more Athena eps. In the mechanical they decided to flush centaur and just keep veloce for the 10 speed.
██

by Weenie