2014 Campagnolo groups?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

deek

by deek

I, too, am a little confused about how the over-torque cranks are assembled. Hopefully we don't have to use a pin-spanner to tighten everything down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I was about to plump for some 2013 Super Record, do you think the price might drop a bit in the next month or so?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The hirth joint is gone for the new version. It's a two piece design. While my Italian isn't great, they do have a line that runs along the theme of why integrate the tools into the crank just to carry extra weight. Having said that I do have pictures of a couple of tools which based just on what I can see, I can't totally see how they are going to work.

As for pricing, I wouldn't expect to see prices drop since none of the existing pieces are being replaced, they are just adding to the line.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Great stuff, thanks for clearing that up for me buddy.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Sure looks like two fixing bolts and washers in that crank parts explosion.

tommasini

by tommasini

The color cut away illustration is the new design.

For reference the poster there added the 2nd picture in B&W which is the Cannondale Hollowgram, and the last picture is an older Campy patent drawing that obviously is not the same as the colored final design.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Duh, sorry. Now I see "Cannondale" in giant letters...

Ritterview

by Ritterview

madcow wrote: It's a two piece design.

So, with the two-piece design and integrated axle in the right crankset, it is most similar to the Power-Torque™ cranksets. In what ways does Over-Torque [ :roll: ] differ from Power-Torque™?

uraqt

by uraqt

@ Ritterview

EVO386, BB30 and FPBB30 bikes and cranks/chainrings are very close to flat on the drive side. Power-torque and the "old standards" the crank/chainrings angled back over the cups or the frame. It about the chain line.

C

Ritterview

by Ritterview

uraqt wrote:EVO386, BB30 and FPBB30 bikes and cranks/chainrings are very close to flat on the drive side. Power-torque and the "old standards" the crank/chainrings angled back over the cups or the frame. It about the chain line.

So, there are the dimensions on the outside, and mechanical arrangement on the inside. Both are interesting.

How do you reckon the Over-Torque will differ in dimensions and chainline from the Power-Torque?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Looks like the light blue collar screws into the purple spindle. That should hold it all together.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

uraqt

by uraqt

@ Ritterview

The chain line stays the same, the EVO386, BB30 and FPBB30 bikes the BB part of the frame and 1st 180mm of the chainstay are inline/flat, once the chainstay passes the chain ring then it widens. sorry I couldn't find a good pix.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

last month we installed a power-torque crankset on my Dad's new bike. I'm still not sure how we are going to get that thing off. Dad's response was "that nut should have a threaded cover so that it self extracts, like the old cranks!" I agree . . .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

natiedean24 wrote:last month we installed a power-torque crankset on my Dad's new bike. I'm still not sure how we are going to get that thing off. Dad's response was "that nut should have a threaded cover so that it self extracts, like the old cranks!" I agree . . .

The answer is simple. You buy a crankarm/ bearing puller. campy sells some protectors that you put behind the crank arm so that you don`t scratch the crank arm. You can easily make them yourself with some cardboard.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/04/bikes-and-tech/how-to-remove-campagnolo-power-torque-cranks_280400
██