2014 Campagnolo groups?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

Is there a hole in your BB to the seat tube which the wire can pass through?

If yes, stuff the Battery without holder wrapped in styrofoam down your seattube to the bottom (lower center of gravity as well) and run the wire to the bottom of the BB.

It should work fine. There should be enough wire - even if there's not - it should be a dumb wire and easy enough to lengthen - I would guess Campy has an extension cable for it as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

morrisond wrote:If your frame is built for EPS already - there should already be a hole where the wires used to exit the frame to go to the battery.
It's probably either around the top of the BB or by the lower bottle cage.
Mount your battery to whichever bottle cage the hole is located to next too and put the charging port in that. No need to ever remove the battery then.

Not necessarily. I have a Dogma 65.1, which is built for both Mechanic and EPS. The wires from the battery are fed inside the frame via a tiny hole that is on the mounting plate (BB mounted) for the current EPS battery. The only other hole is the one that the cable from the front derailleur goes into the frame.

I do not see how could one possibly use that hole or the one on the mounting plate to put the charging port of the new internal battery. An additional hole, made by the maker of the frame OR by a experienced mechanic would be the most clean way to do this. Not sure if I would recommend drilling holes on any frame, however. Campagnolo must have thought of this and hopefully will have a better solution.

Cheers!

Phill P

by Phill P

How did I miss this thread?

Campanology have won back a customer now they have PF30 cranks!!

Now who was it I saw knew how to convert Shimano 11spd cassettes to campy 11spd? Campy cassettes are too expensive.
Please PM me if you know how - or you know who knows how!!
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

You're probably getting confused with the fact that Shimano 11spd groups can use Campag cassettes, which eliminates the need for 11spd Shimano wheels.

Anyway, just use Chorus - the chain and cassette work better than Record and SR.

Phill P

by Phill P

chorus was what I was planning to use, then adding a tuning kit and coloured hoods
(it is good owning your own store....)

I'm sure somebody said you can add shims to Shimano cassette to then use them for campy
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

spud

by spud

Alchemy hubs makes mention of this fact. Use two or three microshims in the Shimano stack to make it work well with Campy drive train.

TimW

by TimW

I love Campagnolo stuff but just why can't they make a decent simple to fit and maintain modern crankset?

Ultra Torque, works OK but you need special tool to fit/replace bearings.
Power Torque - well, just nasty. Yet more special tools...*
Over Torque. My god, don't Campagnolo ever learn! Yet more proprietary tools...

I have officially given up on Campagnolo cranksets. Integrated spider means no crank based Power Meter anyway. It's Rotor 3D+ or whatever for me from now on.

* I just threw my old winter frame along with it's Athena crankset in the skip rather than invest in tools and bearings. Wish I hadn't got onboard that ship when it sailed a few years ago. Not going to make the same mistake again. Shimano designs although aesthetically chunky are at least cheap and easy to deal with, come on Campagnolo.

Yours in despair

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

TimW wrote:I have officially given up on Campagnolo cranksets. Integrated spider means no crank based Power Meter anyway.
What do you call this?

At least try to be factually correct in your rants.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Bro, Campagnolo ARE tools. It's a large part of their heritage as a company. You should probably just stick to SRAM....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blockidog

by blockidog

any idea on ETA for '14 Campy and approx. price change?

Thank you.

spliid

by spliid

Don't they offer any off the deeper boras as clinchers at all?

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

boras are tubulars, they make the bullet line for clincher fans

spliid

by spliid

Alright. A shame its A combo with alu

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I've always found it a bit strange. Campagnolo were among the first to release a carbon clincher with their Hyperons, weren't they?