2014 Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

loudtiger

by loudtiger

Anyone know more details about the new Scott Addict SL?
http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/06/28/sco ... ct-sl-yet/

Video is long and mostly uninformative...

Wondering about price and weights.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

There was a claim on Bikeradar that the frame & fork is bellow 1kg combined, which is quite impressive if true. However, not as light as I would have hoped... Given that a decent fork weighs what, 300g? It doesn't make for an insanely light frame.

Here is the Bikeradar article, it also includes some claimed weights for the models other than the top one:
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... kes-37751/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: The article seems to have been updated - Frame weight for a 55cm was 741g, for 278g with an uncut steerer.
Cost for the top of the line model is 8000 Euros.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Nothing special. That weight is higher than the lightest Evo and much higher than an RCA. Hell, it's higher than the R5CA

djconnel

by djconnel

1 kg frame + fork is extremely light for a mass-volume production frame. I wouldn't count the Cervelo RCa: it's $10k frame + fork alone and only 300 are available (AFAIK). It's almost certainly lighter than the Evo.

There's a nicely done video here.

Interesting is they make a claim in wind resistance. I thought the Addict was in the fatty-tube category: wind be damned.

Photos appear to have a truncated airfoil profile to the down tube, similar to a Foil, so perhaps that's it.
Last edited by djconnel on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spartan

by spartan

scott claims 25% lower drag than previous addict. should equal the cervelo/madone on aero drag. the weight is impressive. ww need to remember

rca is built around proprietary BBright. when you run heavy rotor adapter the rca is over 700gm. the addict fork is lighter than the rca.

e.g

shimano press fit bb86 weighs 65gm vs 137 for rotor 24 adapter.....memo to cervelo dump the bbright and go with shimano bb86 or bb386.

http://www.rotorbike.com/products/road/ ... t-frame_43

PRESS FIT 4624 for BBRIGHT frames

Acero (negro) 137g,
Cerámico (rojo) 128g.
Aluminio anodizado, grabado láser.
Mecanizado en torno CNC con AL 7075 T6 tratado.
Sellos de silicona y tubo interno (menor contaminación, menos mantenimiento).
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

Love my 2010 Addict, but I work for a Scott dealer and this could be very tempting.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

As far as adverts go, Scott nailed it with that one. It's terrific.

Very nice looking machine too! Can see there being a lot of them on here soon.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

djconnel wrote:1 kg frame + fork is extremely light for a mass-volume production frame. I wouldn't count the Cervelo RCa: it's $10k frame + fork alone and only 300 are available (AFAIK). .../

+1
(and the frameset might be around 1/3 of the RCa price)

GioscarbonV107

by GioscarbonV107

Looks very nice.Would be a good replacement for my aging Gios Carbon V107 :)

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

spartan wrote:scott claims 25% lower drag than previous addict. should equal the cervelo/madone on aero drag. the weight is impressive. ww need to remember

rca is built around proprietary BBright. when you run heavy rotor adapter the rca is over 700gm. the addict fork is lighter than the rca.

e.g

shimano press fit bb86 weighs 65gm vs 137 for rotor 24 adapter.....memo to cervelo dump the bbright and go with shimano bb86 or bb386.

http://www.rotorbike.com/products/road/ ... t-frame_43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PRESS FIT 4624 for BBRIGHT frames

Acero (negro) 137g,
Cerámico (rojo) 128g.
Aluminio anodizado, grabado láser.
Mecanizado en torno CNC con AL 7075 T6 tratado.
Sellos de silicona y tubo interno (menor contaminación, menos mantenimiento).

Or you could just get THM BBright bottom bracket at 91 grams. The Cervelo's weight includes hardware such as front and rear derailleur hangers, all bottle cage bolts, the grommets for the cable routing, and the seatpost clamp.

In other words, the frame alone is in the 620 grams range. Even with the weight added by the THM BB, it's still about 100 grams lighter than the Addict. I'm not sure how much lighter the Addict fork is than the Cervelo fork. The whole steerer tube of the RCA is covered with the Nanovate coating so it is likely that it will lose more weight in cutting the steerer than the Scott. Maybe 20 grams heavier in the end, depends on how much steerer these forks are measured with. The RCA also includes an integrated magnet. I don't think the Addict has that.

Yes the RCA is considered a "limited" production frame. But if it is valid for the Protour, it is certainly the valid benchmark.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Is there a white paper on the steer tube coating and comparative densities? Let it go.

jooo

by jooo

djconnel wrote:1 kg frame + fork is extremely light for a mass-volume production frame. .... It's almost certainly lighter than the Evo.

Very good point, most people keep pushing the corrected weight numbers for the EVO when almost no-one has had a frame come in anywhere near those claims.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

coating vs no coating adds weight. Pretty simple, given that Cervelo has shown that they can make sub 300 gram uncut forks easily.

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

The Cervelo RCa fork we have here weighed in at 300g ++ uncut *. It looks remarkably like a 3T Rigida fork with some small differences apart from the coating. The Rigida LTD weighs 275g on the same scale btwy. The old Ca fork was well south of 300g and made by THM in Germany.

Quite normal practice in the industry to show pre production units to the press to establish a weight that then becomes the norm in the blogs, forums etc......

Sorry for off topic but credit where credit's due!

* the corresponding frame, a 56, is 677g plus der hanger and hardware (fd included).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rolobikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com