2014 Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

addictR1 wrote:@Tinea Pedis: stop.. no more of that video.. been drooling all over my keyboard everytime i see that... can totally feel the climb with the new addict SL.. probably even more stiffer than my current 2011 Addict R1.

I was the same. Watched it multiple times when it first came out.

It's a marketing masterpiece. I know I'm being 'pitched', and I love it! Two thumbs up to Scott for producing it.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

trikobe wrote:Not familiar with Scotts, does that mean there will be be both a mechanical and electronic version of the Addict SL?

kulivontot wrote:yes

kulivontot, are you really sure? From what I've seen in the Scott product catalogs, nothing actually indicates they have any option on Addict SL with electronic groupsets, which implies the SL might currently be mechanical only...
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

They'll have both. Scott don't put any frameset info in their brochures or website. For example, my Plasma 3 TT frame doesn't exist on either.

addictR1

by addictR1

oreoboreo... i can't.. already watched it twice this morning while eating my oatmeal. i think i'm addicted.. lol...

trikobe

by trikobe

Anyone ridden one of these yet? Impressions?

ketsana

by ketsana

I don't think anyone has posted this but instead of looking at the pictures from Scott's website. Here is a look at the addicts at some Japanese bike show.
I really like the Addict 20. Not crazy about the color coordinated wheels, seatposts, and stems on the 10 and the SL.

http://ysroad-ochanomizu.com/itemblog/2 ... t-995.html

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Had an hmf(10&20 frameset) stripped down the other day, in small with hanger and seatclamp it was 884g, fork was 318g uncut.

afalts

by afalts

Wow, that's pretty much right on the claimed 890g, and with hanger and seat clamp. Fork is 42g under claimed, nice.

Not doubting their sub 1 kg claim now

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

In size small... Stated weights are done for size medium

carbon2329

by carbon2329

My LBS said the SL complete builds will be available in January-ish and the Frameset will be available in February.

.....in the U.S, that is.

:cry: :cry:

I was hoping sooner, but I guess that is still before the season starts (in my area=winter).

Arkana

by Arkana

Just want to share with "WW" my Scott Addict 10. Been riding this baby for a month now. Is stiff, responsive & comfortable to ride. Now I'm really ADDICTED ... Have you been ADDICT yet :lol:
Last edited by Arkana on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

mythical

by mythical

Tinea Pedis wrote:
addictR1 wrote:@Tinea Pedis: stop.. no more of that video.. been drooling all over my keyboard everytime i see that... can totally feel the climb with the new addict SL.. probably even more stiffer than my current 2011 Addict R1.

I was the same. Watched it multiple times when it first came out.

It's a marketing masterpiece. I know I'm being 'pitched', and I love it! Two thumbs up to Scott for producing it.
When I watched that video, I felt like riding the s%#t out of an Addict again. The new frame looks so much better than my old one. Scott, Y U NO MAKE NORMAL LENGTH FORK OR 1CM SHORTER HT?! :doh:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

53x12

by 53x12

Arkana wrote:Just want to share with "WW" my Scott Addict 10. Been riding this baby for a month now. Is stiff, responsive & comfortable to ride. Now I'm really ADDICTED ... Have you been ADDICT YET !!! :lol:

Can someone guide me to attached my bike picture in this thread :oops:

1. Use a website like imgur.com or something similar.
2. Upload your picture(s) to that website.
3. Once they are uploaded get the direct link.
4. Come over to WW and click reply.
5. In the reply options, go to the top part and click the 'Img' link.
6. Paste in the direct link from where the pictures are uploaded.
7. Submit reply.
8. Done.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

ketsana

by ketsana

Arkana. Hurry up! :up:

Canadian MSRP for the 20 is $2999. Bet if I stripped it, I couldn't even get $500 for the components and wheels due to the generous use of 105 on there.
Would end up paying close to $3000 for a HMF frame after tax.
What do you guys think? I think it's dumb :)

Will have to keep riding my 2011 Addict RC till end of next season or something when they go on sale.
Can't really complain about it since it weighs 14.5lbs. All I have on there is the new Toupe pro saddle & 2013 Reynolds assaults (1490g).

What are people doing with their old Addicts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Arkana

by Arkana

53x12 wrote:
Arkana wrote:Just want to share with "WW" my Scott Addict 10. Been riding this baby for a month now. Is stiff, responsive & comfortable to ride. Now I'm really ADDICTED ... Have you been ADDICT YET !!! :lol:

Can someone guide me to attached my bike picture in this thread :oops:

1. Use a website like imgur.com or something similar.
2. Upload your picture(s) to that website.
3. Once they are uploaded get the direct link.
4. Come over to WW and click reply.
5. In the reply options, go to the top part and click the 'Img' link.
6. Paste in the direct link from where the pictures are uploaded.
7. Submit reply.
8. Done.

Thanks for your help :D