Canyon Ultimtae CF - Replacement Fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JimmyRingo

by JimmyRingo

Hi All,

I've found that the steerer on my carbon fork is damaged, just days before I'm off to do the Marmotte :( . Bike is a Canyon CF from 2011, I'm sure that the steerer tapers from 1-1/4 to 1-1/8 - can anybody suggest a replacement other than the Canyon fork (trouble getting it in time) - would this fit for instance? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/3t-rigida-team- ... d-steerer/

Many Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattyb95

by mattyb95

If its the One One Four SLX Fork then I think it's actually a 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 hence the fork name as I know my Ultimate has a unique stem size which would likely limit it to the Canyon fork unless you can get reducer shims somehow for a more normal tapered fork to fit.

Harsh luck just before an event!

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Duplicate Post (damn Tapatalk)

Murphs

by Murphs

There is a Canyon on here in the intro section that has a different fork fitted that isn't 1 1/4

Search for it

JimmyRingo

by JimmyRingo

Thanks all, I managed to find the WW Canyon with ENVE fork fitted and PM'd the poster. Also, an LBS has said that they have ENVE fork that will fit, thing is that I'm having trouble finding an ENVE fork tapered at 1.25 to 1.5...but clearly it's been done before.

Murphs

by Murphs

From memory, it needs a reducer shim

henrybrook

by henrybrook

Hi
I've an 2012 ultimate cf slx fame but no forks, has anyone got a any for sale? or know any that would fit?
as mentioned above as far as I know they're 1"1/4 - 1"1/2

cheers

Hamilton

by Hamilton

I have the below generation of Canyon CF in which I broke the frame and have it lying around. You can have the fork for the cost of shipping it it'll work. It's scratched up from normal use, but free.
http://fstatic1.rennrad-news.de/img/pho ... f-aero.jpg

henrybrook

by henrybrook

Wow amazing I'll pm you
Thanks!

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I've got a fork from a 2012 Ultimate cf slx, stealth black version. If anyone needs one,please pm me.

andylav

by andylav

Hi Fignonsbarber,

I'm in dire need of a 2010-12 Canyon One One Four SL or SLX fork after sustaining some hit and run damage (front wheel, forks and shifters all trashed) if you, or any other members, shave spare forks available.

Many thanks

Andy

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

Sorry Andy, but I sent it to Henry back in February. Maybe check Canyon's outlet page on their website?

andylav

by andylav

No worries fb, thanks for confirmation.

Tried Canyon but no success - only newer models available.

5kywalker

by 5kywalker

Hi,

I am trying to obtain some parts to rebuild a 2013/14 Canyon CF Ultimate SLX in stealth black / red.
Namely the One One Four SLX front Forks.

But it would be really nice to rebuild this bike and restore it to its original pomp - so I also need handlebars, stem and seatpost.

Canyon are not so helpful when it comes to getting spare parts for this bike, which is a real shame considering the frame is so good. There must be frames out there that are being consigned to the basement on account that the owners can't repair them as they wish.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

5kywalker

by 5kywalker

Hum... all quiet on the eastern front :(

Thought I'd give it one more shout out with an image to try and lure a set of forks out from the WW community:

Them's the badgers:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com