The best Crank set for Power2max on Scott FOIL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fontana

by Fontana

Hello guys!
I'm an italian semprofessional cyclist, for the next season i'd like to buy one power2max for my race bike (a scott FOIL with dura ace provided by the team). I buy power2max because it's cheaper than SRM and i can use with Garmin 500 or 800.
So, what is the best crank in power2max catalog fit to scott foil?
I love this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UuYSLbv0YkU/T ... C02543.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another option is to buy a used SRM PC7 for 1700€ with FSA kforce light....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pagey

by pagey

I went with the Rotor Anglis cranks for my P2M

clarkson

by clarkson

If you're trying to make it easy on yourself, anything using the same 24mm axle and bearing sizes as Shimano would probably be best.

Rotor and FSA both should drop directly in to the existing bottom bracket.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Fontana wrote:I buy power2max because it's cheaper than SRM and i can use with Garmin 500 or 800.

Doesn't help with your crank arm decision, but an SRM works fine with a Garmin 500 or 800.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

hanzypanzy
Shop Owner

by hanzypanzy

Rotor 3D+ (although would need the rotor BB) is a nice combination with the power2max. We used this for 2011 in our race team, all the guys love it! Easy to fit yourself and maintain.

JensW

by JensW

hanzypanzy wrote:Rotor 3D+ (although would need the rotor BB) is a nice combination with the power2max. We used this for 2011 in our race team, all the guys love it! Easy to fit yourself and maintain.

problem is that his frame has press fit. Rotor will get out with a bottom bracket for press fit and 3d+, but it´s not out yet, and the bearings will probably be thin = not so strong.

i would say rotor 3d

Fontana

by Fontana

JensW wrote:
hanzypanzy wrote:Rotor 3D+ (although would need the rotor BB) is a nice combination with the power2max. We used this for 2011 in our race team, all the guys love it! Easy to fit yourself and maintain.

problem is that his frame has press fit. Rotor will get out with a bottom bracket for press fit and 3d+, but it´s not out yet, and the bearings will probably be thin = not so strong.

i would say rotor 3d

so i can put on my bike only ROTOR 3D and I can't put ROTOR 3D+

JensW

by JensW

No need to keep quoting the above

Rotor say that there will be a bottom bracket, that will make it work. but they have not started to sell it, haven´t talked about it, just something that can be found in a technical document. but even if/when it comes, the bearings has to be thin, and probably there will be 4 bearings in it, just as on thm clavicula made for pressfitt. so the bottom bracket will not be as strong as a ordinary bottombracket.

it al depends on how long you want to wait for that bottom bracket.

Fontana

by Fontana

i ask to power2max team and it is the answer:
"Hello Matteo,

Thanks for your message.

There is no ROTOR bottom bracket to mount the ROTOR 3D Plus in a BB86 frame. But you can use this bottom bracket for the job http://www.power2max.de/shop_zubehor_de ... 35&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best regards

Your power2max Team"

So, what I will do?

auscyclist

by auscyclist

Hey mate, if i can add my two cents here. i have a Scott addict that after trying two different quarq crankset and also two different frames,had no luck. due to them (and from what I've been told srm too) having the cadence measured using a magnet and sensor on the inside of the crank. it made contact with the outer surface of the bbq'd shell itself.

Thankfully power2max don't use a cadence sensor and magnet so the inside of the spider is much similar to a standard crank. I've physically seen the foil bb as i was contemplating getting one to solve this silly addict/quarq problem but due to their amazing beefed up bb..no chance.

Got myself a sram s900 power2max crankset and am loving it. wasn't expecting and performance benefits from them as they are heavier than my force crankset. but they ate certainly stiffer when pushing out 1100+ watts.

I hope this helps

JensW

by JensW

when i think about it, it was for bb90, AND it isn´t out on the market yes.

what you will do? take Rotor 3D (without the +), it´s not a bad crankset at al.

Fontana

by Fontana

I order ROTOR 3D (without +)
The weight different is very small

nfecyle

by nfecyle

Hi Sorry to revive an old thread. I want to confirm if i think correct. I have 3d+ power2max and currently looking at 2013 scott foil. According to what i have read and understand, Scott foil use bb86 or 92, and i can use the rotor 3d+ with that bb using 4130 bearing that rotor sell or enduro? Am i correct? Anyone have the same thing? Hows that working for you so far? Thanks!

mannymerc

by mannymerc

If is not campag, I would opt for the cannondale crank, because I just dont like rotor stuff that much, with that said, their 3d+ crankset is competitive.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

It uses a PF86. I personally run a Quarq Riken S900 PM with the SRAM stadard BB for PF86. It reduces the spindle to the 24/22mm on the NDS.

You can also get a Wheels manufacturing BB that will work just fine also. Ceramic options as well with angular bearings.

The standard BB from SRAM works fine though. I decided to loctite it in this last time I replaced it..just to be sure of no creaks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com