Workstands

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

I've been looking at the Park workstands for some time and am really interested in one of the team ones, they are however extortionately priced. Are there any similar products on the market? The regular clamp style doesn't really suit me.

SDP

by SDP

i have just had this stand ..like you i prefer this style

there were others i considered BUT long term investment ..ive gone for this

my old stand lasted 20 years .... i expect this to last the same ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theosaurus

by theosaurus

I was thinking about modifying a cheapo lidl work stand to that style using extruded aluminium section like this
yes, but how much does it weigh?

Devon

by Devon

theosaurus wrote:I was thinking about modifying a cheapo lidl work stand to that style using extruded aluminium section like this
[img]

That's a possibility. I have the Lidl clamp stand currently.

How would you fabricate the fork QR attachment?

Geoff

by Geoff

Other than the cheap, crap plastic knobs that break into bits, the Park stand is great. It is friggin' heavy, so the alloy-legged one might make more sense if you are actually transporting it around.

Devon

by Devon

It's more for home cleaning/maintenance really. Don't tend to travel with the bike much, and when I do I'm riding it ;)

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theosaurus

by theosaurus

my dad made a roof rack out of that stuff which works great, for the fork attachment on that we put a shim inside the central hole of the extrusion then just put the qr through that, I'll do some drawings and post them later
yes, but how much does it weigh?

Devon

by Devon

Looks good. Have always thought about a project like that. Thanks!

bc909

by bc909

Tacx makes one. It's still very expensive but not as much of a pig as the Park. I have a Tacx. It works fine, I like it a lot. http://www.tacx.com/en/products/tools/spider-team. You can get it on amazon.

If you are working from home and there is a ceiling above you, I mount a female pipe fitting on the ceiling and then screw the corresponding pipe into that fitting. At the bottom I mount a park bench mount clamp. I find this to be the best way to access the bike as I can rotate the bike 360 around a dummy post, and up and down with the clamp. Also I can easily take it down when I don't need it. I can explain more if you are interested.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I have that same one. Brilliant bit of kit..
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

TimmS

by TimmS

+1 for the Tacx
Very stable

maxxevv

by maxxevv

If you're using it strictly for home wrenching purposes, the PRS-20 would be better than the PRS-21. Its heavier, but its also more stable as a result.

I like this style of workstand a lot as it allows one to work with a fixed work table and rotate the bike around on the sport to access all the various corners easily. I've had mine for almost 8 years now. Only problem with such stands the their use frames that have under-BB style brakes. A little bit of hassle to work with them...

virenque

by virenque

virenque wrote:http://www.bicisupport.it/?fuseaction=skdArticoli&id=361&idcategoria=1&titolo=B-STAND" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember someone else makes a stand very similar if not the same with the one from bicisupport, anyone knows who?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com