Enve 1 Piece Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Looks like Tadej was running the 1-piece cockpit from Enve. Any ideas on when the public will get it?

Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

you can ? you just need to get a Enve custom frame as well. Although this new one has a slightly different shape then the older 1 piece.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apr46

by apr46

"Available later this year" https://www.instagram.com/p/CuKDKeKLsdk ... BiNWFlZA==

They are a new product based off the Aero bar vs. the existing 1-piece which is based off the similar but different AR bar.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Yep the bar looks great, saw a reply on Instagrma that it uses the same internal wiring system of the melee if that helps any one.

I think i am definitely going Roval now for my SL7. This cockpit does look better though.

renoracing

by renoracing

I've become an Enve fanboy for handlebars, now running two different sizes of the SES Aero bars on four of my bikes, on both dirt and road. They also seen to get/lead the trend in the narrow options, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had an even narrower option than the 35cm/40cm version. Something like a 32cm hoods, with a flare to 38cm. Also would love to see the integration of an angle adjust system like on their Aero Road stem, although combining that with the In-Route system might be a tall ask. I suppose you'd also then be sacrificing the correct bar level for lever positioning... So lets atleast hope for something steeper than -6 degrees.

Nereth

by Nereth

I've used exclusively Enve 35cm bars on my bikes since early 2019, and I would buy the hell out of these...

...If I could find a way to integrate them nicely to my scott foil RC with its 1" steerer :/

pmprego

by pmprego

ome rodriguez wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:07 am
Pogi's new bar isn't as flared as his previously aero handlebar.
Even the shape of the drops seems to be a bit different. For pro racing, the 5cm flare is a bit too much. Trek nailed it with a 3cm flare.

Nereth

by Nereth

pmprego wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:45 am
ome rodriguez wrote:
Even the shape of the drops seems to be a bit different. For pro racing, the 5cm flare is a bit too much. Trek nailed it with a 3cm flare.
Can you explain what is it that makes 5cm flare too much? How that effects pros more than others, etc?

I love the aero position I get on my hoods, but I definitely note the lack of stability in a sprint in the hooks, even with the 5cm (probably around 3cm in the hooks) flare. I don't see why a pro would want even less?

pmprego

by pmprego

Nereth wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:10 am
pmprego wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:45 am
ome rodriguez wrote:
Can you explain what is it that makes 5cm flare too much? How that effects pros more than others, etc?

I love the aero position I get on my hoods, but I definitely note the lack of stability in a sprint in the hooks, even with the 5cm (probably around 3cm in the hooks) flare. I don't see why a pro would want even less?
My reasoning:
- sprinting is a max speed event thus aero is more important
- sprinting is done on the drops
- wider is slower
- track people sprint in very narrow bars - faster
- this applies the most for pros because they are the one doing 60/70kmh sprint finishes

Thus, a pro, at 60kmh sprinting for the line wants to be the most aero version he/she can be. For that, if they can go narrow, they should (again... Track people).

Nohands83

by Nohands83

If you look at the number of riders with turned-in hoods, there's clearly a desire for quite flared handlebars in the peloton - probably dims similar to what Enve has with the SES Aero bars. I hope these follow.
I'm not sure comparing road sprinter's needs to track sprinters is particularly useful here, I won't dispute that there are aerodynamic benefits to going narrower but there's a big functional aspect as well - a lot of tracking sprinting actually happens when the riders are sat down so stability is inherently greater. In a road sprint, there's a whole load more standing sprinting - so side-to-side stability is beneficial, and allows for more leverage.

pmprego

by pmprego

Nohands83 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:57 am
If you look at the number of riders with turned-in hoods, there's clearly a desire for quite flared handlebars in the peloton - probably dims similar to what Enve has with the SES Aero bars. I hope these follow.
I'm not sure comparing road sprinter's needs to track sprinters is particularly useful here, I won't dispute that there are aerodynamic benefits to going narrower but there's a big functional aspect as well - a lot of tracking sprinting actually happens when the riders are sat down so stability is inherently greater. In a road sprint, there's a whole load more standing sprinting - so side-to-side stability is beneficial, and allows for more leverage.
It seemed to me that the flare on pog's bar is smaller. Maybe it isn't. Let's wait for the official specs and conclude.

tmrace

by tmrace

Anyone heard more specific information than the original "later this year"? Are we talking very end of the year, end of summer, spring of next year?

currentsea

by currentsea

tmrace wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:49 am
Anyone heard more specific information than the original "later this year"? Are we talking very end of the year, end of summer, spring of next year?
I have heard September from my local shop's ENVE rep

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmrace

by tmrace

currentsea wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:10 pm
tmrace wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:49 am
I have heard September from my local shop's ENVE rep
That would great if it holds true. Did they tell you which brands ENVE was making the matching headset spacers for too?