CAAD10 paint chips

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to do about these paint chips - caused mainly by a loose rear skewer. The skewer came loose and then my chain cassette ripped the paint off.
I know its cosmetic, but I really love this bike and want it to look good still...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

budgetweenie

by budgetweenie

Touch them up with orange nail polish!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

...I cant work out if youre joking, colourblind, or my monitor has broken again!

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Paint pens. I have to see which brand I have that is the close match. It's either Decocolor or Sharpie oil-based.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Thanks thisatest,

I would really appreciate it ... I know I am a bit precious, but we all love our bikes ha ha.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's hard to tell, but if those are 'green' tinted spots showing through the black paint that just indicates to me that there's a damn lot of paint on your frame.
We're looking at, in order from the frame up:
-primer (thick coat, apparently)
-green (thick coat)
-Black (thick coat on top of the green)

This might be shocking... but how about stripping it all off, polishing the frame or having it taken for a brush finish, then seal it?
Save a lot of weight, minimize worry about the frame's paint chipping. :twisted:

You might think I'm joking, but I am not. :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

:shock: Ha ha Prendrefeu... Unfortunately I haven't won the lotto as of yet... Might be a good project though when I have the $$... I chose this frame specifically for the paint, I love the Berserker Green on it. I might treat it to a PM next and then maybe some 303/404s again when my budget permits...

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Are you based in the UK? If so, try OOEY Custom. They reprinted my Evo and also refinished my CAAD10 - their work is stunning!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

REPAINTED not reprinted!

ajmit3

by ajmit3

The Decocolor in the light green looks very like the berserker green on the bike... :noidea:

http://ozgraff.com/product.php?id_product=814

headwind816

by headwind816

I plan to purchase this touch up paint for my Berserker Green CAAD10

http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Genuine-F ... B00BQZZDW8

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Thanks for the info headwind.. ps I'm interested in buying the i42 cane creek spacer cap to get my position lower... I'm in Aus if you can be bothered posting ?

dongo

by dongo

I was looking for the same color touch up for my SuperSix - "Bezerker Green." I emailed Cannondale and they told me that they don't sell touch up paint anymore but said: "We suggest using Dupli-Color® Scratch Fix All-in-1. They make a wide variety of colors and are easy to apply. Most Auto parts stores will have a wide range of colors available." Turns out this stuff comes in a lot of greens and so I pressed them on the exact color, they came back and said: "It is the same bright lime green used on some of the Dodge Charger/Challangers."

That shade of green is not available in the Dupli-Color, but after a little research I found out that the Dodge green is called "sublime" and there's a place called AutomoticeTouchUp dot com that sells it in small bottles or pens and it worked great.

Good luck.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

What a **** bicycle company that can't manage to supply its consumers with a little pot of 'Cannondale green' touch up paint. Pathetic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com