GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liversedge

by liversedge

devinci wrote:bit of both, I was never able to ighlight a specific part of a ride and obtain average metrics for that specific part in GC. Marking intervals/range just like in SRMWin or WKO+ is a pretty handy feature.

You can create an interval with click and drag in the ride plot.
The intervals and associated metrics are shown in the interval bar on the left (click on the stopwatch icon at the bottom of the sidebar).
Unlike WKO+ and SRMwin we let you configure what metrics are shown, so if anything we do more than those programs. You can configure from options/preferences and select metrics and intervals.

I also struggled a lot to convert my wko+ files to GC and have them show the comments I had writen in wko+

I reverse engineered the WKO+ file format and am pretty sure we bring across ALL the WKO strings. Be very interested to know what you think is missing.

We cannot import manual rides though, but thats mostly because they don't have a corresponding .wko file anyway (they are stored in calendar.dat).

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Mine ported over immediately. Make sure installation paths are the same would be my recommendation, otherwise

angrylegs wrote:I can probably research it and figure it out

bingo.

liversedge wrote:You can create an interval with click and drag in the ride plot.

Very, very nice feature :beerchug:

All that said, gone through the manuals and still cannot find how to add (or why you dropped) 5 min best 5 and peak power from the 'aerobic power' tab on the Home menu?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

angrylegs

by angrylegs

Tinea Pedis wrote:Mine ported over immediately. Make sure installation paths are the same would be my recommendation, otherwise

Mine did not. I just now overwrote the original app with v3.0, so it was in the same directory etc, and it can't find a thing. Had to revert to the backup. I really don't see how to do this. Are you on 10.7 also?

devinci

by devinci

liversedge wrote:
devinci wrote:bit of both, I was never able to ighlight a specific part of a ride and obtain average metrics for that specific part in GC. Marking intervals/range just like in SRMWin or WKO+ is a pretty handy feature.

You can create an interval with click and drag in the ride plot.
The intervals and associated metrics are shown in the interval bar on the left (click on the stopwatch icon at the bottom of the sidebar).
Unlike WKO+ and SRMwin we let you configure what metrics are shown, so if anything we do more than those programs. You can configure from options/preferences and select metrics and intervals.

I also struggled a lot to convert my wko+ files to GC and have them show the comments I had writen in wko+

I reverse engineered the WKO+ file format and am pretty sure we bring across ALL the WKO strings. Be very interested to know what you think is missing.

We cannot import manual rides though, but thats mostly because they don't have a corresponding .wko file anyway (they are stored in calendar.dat).

my import issue might be related to manual rides. I will take a look tonight and report back. I will try the interval marking function for sure

liversedge

by liversedge

angrylegs wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:Mine ported over immediately. Make sure installation paths are the same would be my recommendation, otherwise

Mine did not. I just now overwrote the original app with v3.0, so it was in the same directory etc, and it can't find a thing. Had to revert to the backup. I really don't see how to do this. Are you on 10.7 also?

It may be that you had a v3 beta installed previously?
If so, it stored data in a goldencheetah-v3 directory to ensure it didn't interfere with the proper install.

You will need to import the v3 beta data, which is easily done -- create a new athlete with v3 proper and import data from the old directory by dragging and dropping it all onto goldencheetah.

If you are struggling to find the old directory open help->about and the directory listed for v3 proper is pretty much the same path as v3 beta .. just replace goldencheetah with goldencheetah-v3 in the pathname.

For example, on my win8 pc the beta 3 stored its data in c:\users\Mark\AppData\Local\GoldenCheetah-v3\Mark

angrylegs

by angrylegs

That is the case - I had a v3 Beta. Thanks Mark!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

liversedge, can you please enlighten me on why the 5 min best 5 and peak power from the 'aerobic power' tab on the Home menu were dropped? And how to get them back?

Does not appear to be covered in either manual?

phourgenres

by phourgenres

Anyone else having a problem with 'finding intervals?' Unlike the old version, which worked perfectly. If I try to find my five best two minute intervals for the ride, it just gives me the first ten minutes of ride split into intervals.

eric

by eric

select the peak power radio button.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

As mentioned in the manual:

'Tools'

'Find intervals'

'Peak power' button in 'method'

'custom'

and away you go.

euan

by euan

Awesome, not had any problems with V3 Beta besides the occasional crash when creating manual activities.

All the effort is really appreciated

liversedge

by liversedge

euan wrote:not had any problems with V3 Beta besides the occasional crash when creating manual activities.

Yowser!

Thats not good, any chance you can describe how to recreate the issue? we need to fix that!

airwise

by airwise

Big thanks for this - it's a great development of GC.

Now an old duffer like me should have just enough time to work out how to get it to do everything I want by the time you release V4.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

FAO liversedge

Tinea Pedis wrote:liversedge, can you please enlighten me on why the 5 min best 5 and peak power from the 'aerobic power' tab on the Home menu were dropped? And how to get them back?

Does not appear to be covered in either manual?

I'm doing it this way, as opposed to via DM, as others would like an answer too please.

The 5 second power also seems to have suffered the same fate as the 5 minute power.