setup for Ciamillo Gravitas SL brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Please keep us updated, CarbonLord et. al.! I'm wearing through pads at an alarming rate, and would love to have the MicroCam adjustment. I e-mailed Ted about it weeks ago, but got an auto reply back that calling would be more productive. I would imagine he is swamped. Looking forward to the big reveal!

pawnii

by pawnii

carbonLORD wrote:As others have said, its close, any day now close as I too have cam upgrades on order for my existing carbonLORD GSL's. Ive seen some CAD and prototype bodies of the new Micro but not the finished product in whole.

Pawnii, looks like the part is finally en route to you and hopefully everything will come together and make your wait worthwhile. Should you need anything you have my email and I'll do my best to assist.

I've finally received all the replacement parts.
It has taken just over 4months to resolve all the issues with Ted.
Personally I think that's crap service.
Ted needs to focus more on post sales service and warranty claims before moving onto developing new products with new problems.

Thanks CarbonLord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
2012 Scott Foil Premium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Ahhh... So the pictures are up. Time to dig in.

http://caw-designs.com/?page_id=715

pawnii

by pawnii

carbonLORD wrote:As others have said, its close, any day now close as I too have cam upgrades on order for my existing carbonLORD GSL's. Ive seen some CAD and prototype bodies of the new Micro but not the finished product in whole.

Pawnii, looks like the part is finally en route to you and hopefully everything will come together and make your wait worthwhile. Should you need anything you have my email and I'll do my best to assist.

I've finally received all the replacement parts.
It has taken just over 4months to resolve all the issues with Ted.
Personally I think that's crap service.
Ted needs to focus more on post sales service and warranty claims before moving onto developing new products with new problems.

Thanks CarbonLord

2012 Scott Foil Premium

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Pawnii,

Customer service is extremely important to me. I have been stretched quite thinly with revision work on the crank in the past few months. The dust is settling now and I have more time to handle tech support and customer service. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Ted

dem

by dem

Are these new cams going to be available to retrofit to the carbon Gravitas SLs?

Not real obvious from the pictures how they would fit in.

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Yes, the Micro cam will work on all GSL and Gravitas road calipers. An upgrade kit will be available shortly.

pawnii

by pawnii

ZeroG wrote:Pawnii,

Customer service is extremely important to me. I have been stretched quite thinly with revision work on the crank in the past few months. The dust is settling now and I have more time to handle tech support and customer service. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Ted

Great to hear Ted, but not good enough.
A bit too little too late.

Though it's great to see you pop in here every now and then to reassure me that you've been too busy to reply to any emails but you now plan to because you're not as busy.
Great.

Micro Cam looks great. If it functions as designed it'll be as very welcomed extra to buy for GSL and Gravitas users to get them working.
What's it cost?

Personally I won't be trying them.

2012 Scott Foil Premium

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Just to follow up...

Ted's page is now complete, including a link to order the new brakeset for $299 until Halloween, including shipping. For 155 grams (w/o pads) and all the width adjusting enhancements, thats pretty good.

Also available is an upgrade cam and quick release lever for $79, according to http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/10/16/unv ... g-per-set/ , although its not on his site yet.

BikeRumor has a ton of info, including the reassuring statement that the brakes come as solid black, not mixed black red as pictured. I would bet you could ask for it though.

My question; I think he's done swap/upgrade programs in the past... Can I send in my Negative Gs for the new MicroCam equipped GSL?

pawnii

by pawnii

Finally i've sold my Gravitas.
thank god i don't have to put up with these crappy brakes and crappy service anymore.

Just put on a set of DA 7900 with Black Prince pads and WOW it's unbelievable how much better they are compared to the Gravitas.
It just proves to me how much power the Gravitas is lacking and how poor the modulation is compared to DA brakes.

Personally I don't think Ciamillo brakes are worth the weight savings.
I'd rather try and tune the 7900s or the 9000s and see how light i can get them.
2012 Scott Foil Premium