HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 am 

Nothing still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:24 pm 

Really now... We all know you are upset, but anyone can use the tracking number provided to see that the package is on its way, sorting through Miami over the weekend. No need to continue dumping on Ted in the meantime.

Now, what I would love to see are the details on the Micro Cam. CarbonLord or Ted, do you have any updates for us?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

yes you're correct. I am very upset with Ted.
He has been feeding me bullshit about shipping for months now. Do you understand when i say months?
Until I actually get the replacement part I'm supposed to get, considering I purchased these brakes brand new and under warranty, I'll keep posting here so others can see what I'm going through when dealing with Ted.

If Ted replied to my emails I wouldn't have to post on WW to get him to do anything or even reply.

This has been going on since June and I still haven't had a chance to use the brakes!
Would you call this fair???

Until i get the missing part form Ted and get to use these very expensive brakes i'll keep posting here.

After 4 months of waiting a Tracking number alone doesn't cut it.
Why didn't Ted give me a Tracking number weeks or months ago considering I asked for it probably 10 times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 am 

So has anyone used or seen the Micro Cam yet?
Ted said it was released mid August but I haven't heard or seen any info on it at all. Not even a picture.

I figured Ted would have at least had a picture on his website at a minimum once it was releases.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:37 pm 

Nobody yet ! I have a drawing that Ted made of it 15 days ago.
It seems that the adjustment available will be about 7mm, which is going to allow to go from aluminum rims to Zipp 404 Firecrest without changing PDH !
It's a real improvement, but I'm still waiting for the result. Of what I have seen, that's not a complicated project and it should be easy to make with Ted's skills.
Once again, it's money that's deciding the priority and Ted has made the crank his priority, for the happiness of many customers. The new micro cam will boost the sales of the brakes in a second time, but as of today, Ciamillo fans who have SLP PDH + spacers already can ride super large rims, and they are mostly impatient to ride the crank.
I expect the new cam to be ready next week, and I'm almost sure it will be, because I placed a big order with that new cam.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 am 
in the industry

As others have said, its close, any day now close as I too have cam upgrades on order for my existing carbonLORD GSL's. Ive seen some CAD and prototype bodies of the new Micro but not the finished product in whole.

Pawnii, looks like the part is finally en route to you and hopefully everything will come together and make your wait worthwhile. Should you need anything you have my email and I'll do my best to assist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 am 

Please keep us updated, CarbonLord et. al.! I'm wearing through pads at an alarming rate, and would love to have the MicroCam adjustment. I e-mailed Ted about it weeks ago, but got an auto reply back that calling would be more productive. I would imagine he is swamped. Looking forward to the big reveal!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:06 am 

carbonLORD wrote:
As others have said, its close, any day now close as I too have cam upgrades on order for my existing carbonLORD GSL's. Ive seen some CAD and prototype bodies of the new Micro but not the finished product in whole.

Pawnii, looks like the part is finally en route to you and hopefully everything will come together and make your wait worthwhile. Should you need anything you have my email and I'll do my best to assist.

I've finally received all the replacement parts.
It has taken just over 4months to resolve all the issues with Ted.
Personally I think that's crap service.
Ted needs to focus more on post sales service and warranty claims before moving onto developing new products with new problems.

Thanks CarbonLord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 am 

Ahhh... So the pictures are up. Time to dig in.

http://caw-designs.com/?page_id=715

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:44 am 

carbonLORD wrote:

I've finally received all the replacement parts.
It has taken just over 4months to resolve all the issues with Ted.
Personally I think that's crap service.
Ted needs to focus more on post sales service and warranty claims before moving onto developing new products with new problems.

Thanks CarbonLord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:16 am 
in the industry

Pawnii,

Customer service is extremely important to me. I have been stretched quite thinly with revision work on the crank in the past few months. The dust is settling now and I have more time to handle tech support and customer service. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 am 

Are these new cams going to be available to retrofit to the carbon Gravitas SLs?

Not real obvious from the pictures how they would fit in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:24 am 
in the industry

Yes, the Micro cam will work on all GSL and Gravitas road calipers. An upgrade kit will be available shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:01 am 

ZeroG wrote:
Pawnii,

Customer service is extremely important to me. I have been stretched quite thinly with revision work on the crank in the past few months. The dust is settling now and I have more time to handle tech support and customer service. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Ted

Great to hear Ted, but not good enough.
A bit too little too late.

Though it's great to see you pop in here every now and then to reassure me that you've been too busy to reply to any emails but you now plan to because you're not as busy.
Great.

Micro Cam looks great. If it functions as designed it'll be as very welcomed extra to buy for GSL and Gravitas users to get them working.
What's it cost?

Personally I won't be trying them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:05 am 

Just to follow up...

Ted's page is now complete, including a link to order the new brakeset for $299 until Halloween, including shipping. For 155 grams (w/o pads) and all the width adjusting enhancements, thats pretty good.

Also available is an upgrade cam and quick release lever for $79, according to http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/10/16/unv ... g-per-set/ , although its not on his site yet.

BikeRumor has a ton of info, including the reassuring statement that the brakes come as solid black, not mixed black red as pictured. I would bet you could ask for it though.

My question; I think he's done swap/upgrade programs in the past... Can I send in my Negative Gs for the new MicroCam equipped GSL?

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:05 am 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next