New Willier 101..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Didn't found anything similar on this forum, sorry if it already exists :noidea:

Sorry for that really bad photo, I'm not at home and had the chance to see the new model on this photo, it's just a quick mobile phone photography from the original photo..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swinter

by swinter

bad photo, but a nice looking bike. thanks.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

kgt

by kgt

I hope this is not their final design :noidea:

spacepolice2

by spacepolice2

A single profile view really can't tell you the entire story about the design. Tube geometry is 3D after all.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Where did you spot this, Berk?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

cerro

by cerro

I hope they fixed the right chainstay so it's not a nightmare to get the wire through when the liner is missing.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I'm on the Tour of Slovenia and had an interesting conversation about that bike...our team sponsor is Wilier. Till last year I rode as a pro in our team (of course also on that Tour) and this year I help as a team mechanic here. Had some interesting conversations etc.,.. and here are some news that are probably interesting for you. Here just another crappy photo, still better than nothing, isn't it? :mrgreen:

I didn't saw that bike in real, only saw a photo (that I photographed)...but it should be presented in a month or so (at least I get that information..)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Interesting that the chain stays are asymmetric (more than before?) and the headtube looks very, very slack in angle.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Probably it looks like that because the angle and bad photo quality..yes, the chainstays are even more asymmetric, the seatstays are thinner etc.,...about the tube shape - I get some informations, but they aren't that sure and will rather be quiet - should be known in a few weeks (?). Also don't know if it will be called "101", but it should be a new model that would replace the 101, if I'm not wrong,..anyway, personally I do like the design of that frameset.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Has the new 386 cranks on it too.

Phill P

by Phill P

Is that an attempt an an aero bike?

ISPs are soo last decade
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by 2011

What's with the Tron-ish graphics on the front that look like they actually protruded from the frame? Is that just an optical illusion? Either way... ugly. Haha

hansonator69

by hansonator69

So when can we expect to see these in a shop?

If your team gets one, Berk, please upload some nice detailed photos to WW, much to the dismay of Wilier :P
Slam your stem.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Looks like a Gran Turismo with an ISP and BB386. Head tube has the same sharp edge business and the top tube and stays look pretty much the same from the picture. GT SL?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I guess this is updated with BB 386evo, tapered headtube, "aero" tubes and hidden cables. It seems like they keep the asymmetric chainstays and I hope they also keep the one piece seatstay-chainstay tube. IME integrated seatpost is just great but their new graphic design really sucks.