FSA SL-K Post

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

Is it just me or is this overly heavy at ~220g? Especially considering you can get many alu posts this light. Is it really a good option? I was tempted to get a matching set of SL-K (bars, stem and post) as the setup suits my requirements. Wise?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes, it is a little beefy.....I have the K-Force seatpost, stem and handlebars. They are very nice and relatively light. I think matching cockpit and seatpost really "ties the room together" so I will sacrifice some weight to match within my budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

The SLK post has a lot of weight in the cradle area, and you can easily put a few dollars in into lightweight yolks, cradle and hardware to lighten it up a bit. Also, cutting off excess post will drop a surprising amount of weight. :cheers:

EDIT: Checkout Fairwheelbikes.com for the necessary parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kac

by kac

I've used one of these for >6 years and have had no complaints about it whatsoever. Plus, it is (or was) relatively inexpensive.

Devon

by Devon

My previous posts vanished, but thanks for the info guys. I definitely agree that a matching cockpit is something to aim for. The rest of the SL-K kit is pretty well weighted and low price so I will look into modifying the post. I may be able to machine up some lighter parts.