BB30 Compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

therouler

by therouler

hi,
i have a lapierre 9it's a 2012 Xelius) that currently has a SRAM S900 crankset in the press-fit BB. i would like to use this on a new cannondale supersix that has a BB30. can i use this crankset and if not what adapter or BB do i need to get to make it compatible? thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

It is directly compatible. You will need a bb30 bearing kit for the other bike (bearings, shields, circlips), and then it drops in.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

therouler

by therouler

thisisatest wrote:It is directly compatible. You will need a bb30 bearing kit for the other bike (bearings, shields, circlips), and then it drops in.

hi,
thanks! appreciate the help.

deek

by deek

thisisatest wrote:It is directly compatible. You will need a bb30 bearing kit for the other bike (bearings, shields, circlips), and then it drops in.

Are you sure? I'm not familiar with the bike after looking online it looks like it's a BSA frame. It would still work on the Supersix, you would just need some sort of adapter like the Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to SRAM adapters.

Edit: Do you have crank bolts on both cranks or just the non-drive side crank?

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Correction: it is especially confusing due to you having an S900 crankset, which I THOUGHT only came with a 30mm spindle. It apparently was also available with a GXP fitment. It will still fit in a Cannondale bb30 frame, you will instead need the bb30 bearings plus a WheelsMfg bb30-to-GXP ADAPTER.