TDG, WW gathering, Thanks everyone, until next year!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

climbingcue

by climbingcue

Thanks for the update...

Bloodsport

by Bloodsport

I'll be in town for the TDG. I would love to see the factory where my 06' Vortex Compact came from. Count me in.

:D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProParadox

by ProParadox

I'm out, thats the weekend of collegiate regionals.

I'm not missing regionals... home course advantage!

kAb

by kAb

Any of you who are going to be in Alpharetta for the final stage let me know... it's about 5 miles from my shop. Could also do another ride then.

Herbert

by Herbert

Here are a few more choices for hotels which are location wise awesome, but they unfortunately do not offer a specific Litespeed or TdG discount as we speak. All 4 hotels are in easy walking distance from the finish line and right next to all the bars, restaurants and the aquariums downtown.

Courtyard Marriott
200 Chestnut Str.
423-755-0871

Clarion Hotel
407 Chestnut Str.
423-756-5150

Hilton Garden Inn
311 Chestnut Str.
423-308-9000

Residence Inn Downtown
215 Chestnut Str.
423-266-0600

Plus this bed and breakfast below is close too and has an amazing view over the river.

Bluff View Inn
800-725-8338
www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

Let me know if you guys have other questions in terms of places to go and things to do.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

I will add 2 more, both are in downtown and very nice. I have spent a night at the mayors mansion and it was awesome.

1.http://www.mayorsmansioninn.com/
2.http://www.stonefortinn.com/

iubike

by iubike

So what do we win for lightest bike. We totally need to have this, just need a standard, IE 2 cages and a computer or something like that for measurement. Maybe one of the companies on here could donate a cool part!

K

tpatnode

by tpatnode

Hello,

Is this gathering open to anyone, or is it by invitation only? I would love to attend. My 14.25 lb Trek 5500 will be heavy compared to all of the ultralight weights there thou.

Thanks,

Tony

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

I have had the people that were staying with me get a hotel instead so I have room for people if anyone is interested. My place is in downtown on the coarse for stage 3, so you could watch from there or ride to the steep climb of the race within 20 minutes.

Pm me, email or call if you are want a place to stay.

Troy
wheels@ligerowheels.com
(423) 596-9624

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Do we have any part of the schedule set? The weekend might be out for me, but would probably drive up for a day or two. Maybe Wed-Thurs, or Thurs-Fri. Would like to see Litespeed and do some riding and of course meet everyone so as we get closer I'll have to check the order of events. Thanks to everyone doing the planning.

Herbert

by Herbert

CaptainWilier wrote:Do we have any part of the schedule set? The weekend might be out for me, but would probably drive up for a day or two. Maybe Wed-Thurs, or Thurs-Fri. Would like to see Litespeed and do some riding and of course meet everyone so as we get closer I'll have to check the order of events. Thanks to everyone doing the planning.

Look on page 4, there is a rough schedule.
- Wednesday night 8:30pm meet and greet at Big River brew pub (possibly a 1.5 hour ride between 6pm and 7:30pm over Scenic Highway up and down Lookout or up and over W-Road on Signal Mtn)
- Thursday 8am factory tour and then get to the top of the climb of the TT stage (Nickajack, GA) which apparently runs between 11am and 3pm. Thursday afternoon the chance to possible ride the Suck Creek Loop or just hang out downtown check out the Aquariums and the finish line festival. Thursday night either Lupi's Pizza or Pisa Pizza (depending on Group size).
- Friday go either see the first mtn stage and ride around there, or watch the start and then go ride elsewhere. Plus .... bla, bla, bla :-)

Herbert
Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

kAb

by kAb

Herbert wrote: Thursday night either Lupi's Pizza or Pisa Pizza (depending on Group size).

Is Lupi's the pizza place right down the road from the litespeed factory?

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

kAb wrote:
Herbert wrote: Thursday night either Lupi's Pizza or Pisa Pizza (depending on Group size).

Is Lupi's the pizza place right down the road from the litespeed factory?

Lupi's is in downtown, the pizza place own the street from the factory is a Little Caesars.

kAb

by kAb

I was just curious. I had remembered Chris @ Litespeed taking us to a pizza place after i had taken the factory tour.

AceVentura

by AceVentura

I'm new here but I live in Ga....I spend alot of time around the mountains here and this is a link to a campground I"m staying at over the 20, 21st and 22nd...check out the vicinity to B-town Bald and note that I know this place has hosted conventions and what not....they have alot of wide open space, meadows, etc....Just thought I'd share..

http://www.trackrock.com/index.html
AceVentura/PedalDetective

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com