Shimano groupsets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RedRiderRG

by RedRiderRG

hi all
I want to put the perfect components on my new cyclocross fram a genesis croix de fer ti, yet i still want to keep it perfect for road use. My biggest problem so far is the casette, i want to put an 11-40 or even an 11-42at the back but still keep a 52-36 at the front. There are a few options one them being a roadlink to lower the rear mech. This works fine but does not allow me to be on the big ring at the front and the largest cog at the back, yes yes i know thats bad thing with chain alignement and so on and so forth. But im a very exited rider and i dont keep very good track of where my gears are at. My question being is it possible to have a standard hydraulic disc road set up that 11s by shimano but then switch out the rear mech from a dura ace or ultegra to an XTR rear mech to enable a 40+ tooth cassette at the back? Both systems are 11s. Is it even possible to put a SRAM casette instead of a shimano one?

BRM

by BRM

Will the new M9000 XTR derailleurs work with 11-speed Dura-Ace, Ultegra or the new Shimano 105 STI shifters?

In typical new component group fashion, no. The cable pull is different.

http://www.cxmagazine.com/shimano-xtr-m ... -questions
Last edited by BRM on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlarldhks86

by rlarldhks86

It is possible.
I currently use so far