Giant tcr advanced sl vs tcr advanced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maddog 2

by maddog 2

Enduro Fork Seals do some nice BB86 GXP pressfits for use with Sram cranks. I run one on my TCR Advanced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

For the crank just get the regular SRAM GXP and order the BB86 press fit bearings made for GXP spindle. I have been super impressed with the GXP BB86 bearings, very free spinning and durable so far. Superior to the Shimano counterpart.

As for your comfort issue, although the TCR advanced/Advanced SL is not a harsh bike, it would not be my choice for relaxed cruising. Like another poster indicated these bikes have a "sense of urgency". In fact I do not enjoy the my Advanced SL when I am doing a slow recovery ride. I have a couple of other bikes that are simply more comfortable. The culprits are the seat post and fork. On more comfortable bikes these items tend to be more forgiving and it makes a difference when riding slowly. The Advanced only comes into it own when hammered.

If you want comfort find something with a 27.2 seatpost and a fork with a bit more fore and aft flex. Never ridden a Defy - sorry.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Oswald

by Oswald

Ok, thx for the advice so far. I may have found a dealer who can deliver a Defy frame. He doesn't have the correct size, but he will check :-)

If I chose Shimano Ultegra 6750, what BB do I need then? Is it this one? ISMBB9141B

Stoo

by Stoo

I'm interested in BB sizing too, as my 2012 Defy Advanced has a creaky bottom and I want to upgrade it from the DuraAce press fit if possible.
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - QuarQ DZero - HED Jet 9+/JET+ Disc3
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6870 - QuarQ DZero

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Oswald wrote:Ok, thx for the advice so far. I may have found a dealer who can deliver a Defy frame. He doesn't have the correct size, but he will check :-)

If I chose Shimano Ultegra 6750, what BB do I need then? Is it this one? ISMBB9141B

For any of the Shimano cranks just ask the shop to get you the standard Shimano BB86 press fit. I know press fit BB's seem a little mysterious at first but once you get your hands on the parts they really are a simple system with which to work.

here is the item: depending on the frame you may not need the middle sleeve part.
[url]
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... p?id=33853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[/url]
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.