Do Shimano DA Rotors work SRAM eTAP HRD Calipers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmusseauw

by jmusseauw

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to run the smaller (and supposedly cooler) Shimano DA rotors (140mm) with SRAM eTAP HRD Flatmount calipers. Will this work?

I'm trying to keep the total bike weight down and I personally like the look of the smaller calipers, but live in a hilly/mountainous place ( Salt Lake City). I'm hoping that the smaller Shimano rotors with cooling fins, combined with the SRAM hydraulic system (that uses DOT fluid) will keep things cool on the long descents around here. Not that I brake that much on descents, but I want to make sure I stay with some margin of safety. :)

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Yes the RT900 works with eTap HRD pads, with added noise due to the vent cutout design. I'm using this combo at the front.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

dorin

by dorin

Did I you manage? I tried and got horrible sound when braking...

scale29

by scale29

Don't! would be my advise. I thought the Shimano rotors were great when I first had them and have been pretty quiet, but the warp all the time under braking and need constant retruing. I've now gone Sram Centreline X and they are so much better.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

scale29 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:36 am
Don't! would be my advise. I thought the Shimano rotors were great when I first had them and have been pretty quiet, but the warp all the time under braking and need constant retruing. I've now gone Sram Centreline X and they are so much better.
^ This.

Shimano rotors tend to gobble like a turkey with SRAM calipers/pads. I also experienced this with TRP Spyre SLCs, which use old Shimano style pads.

Centerline X have been flawless.