Focus Cayo Evo question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AGW

by AGW

I'm looking at getting either a 4.0 or 5.0. Focus doesn't get too specific with the specs, but it's evident that the 5.0 has a lower-end fork than the 4.0. Can anyone here confirm whether the 5.0 fork has a carbon steerer?

Also, I'd be able to get the 4.0 for less than $200 more than the 5.0. Crank and saddle aside, would it be worth it for the T4 fork and Ultegra brakes?

AGW

by AGW

I found a little blurb on a UK Focus dealer's website that pointed out a weight difference between the two forks, and they were kind enough to clarify that they both have carbon steerers, but that the 4.0 and up is just lighter (and shaped differently to be more consistent with the headtube shape. He said 338g for the 4.0+ fork including the bung, but no idea on the 5.0/6.0 fork.

I think I'm going to go with the 5.0...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Be sure and post some pics, when you get it!! I've been looking at some Focus frames, to replace my CAAD9. I'll be waiting for your report, before I take the plunge!!

cojones

by cojones

I know it's not strictly on topic, but I've had a Cayo Evo 2.0 for a few months and I cannot rate it highly enough. It is such a 'smooth' ride that if your Focus is anything like it you'll love it!

AGW

by AGW

Ride report to come. Gallery thread for now: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115635