PowerCordz Swift cable housing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Should've been more specific with the male end piece. Mine had a bigger OD than the ID of the barrel adjuster. Basically it doesn't fit. When the cables are setup and the lever squeezed, the force of the entire housing just forces the male end in. Resulting in it being jammed inside the adjuster.......

Not that it matters since I don't plan onnusing any other type of housing beside the SWIFT, but probably buy two new adjusters as a spare in the case I need to use regular housing.

I was somehow able to get the rear cable to not slip by not using the grommet, but the front would keep slipping nonmatter what I do..... Unfortunately, have to use steel cable for the front. No matter what I do to the front, I can't get it to not slip, with or without the gromet..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

My dura ace barrel adjuster doesn't have a tight fit so the male end does come out again easily

See the instruction at the bottom of this pdf and diagram 7, almost impossible to have slippage as the knot in the powercord holds the tension.

http://www.powercordz.com/installation/Instructions.pdf

foyale

by foyale

You can use the bead only, without the end piece. Or you need a to increase the ID of your barrel adjuster. Your LBS should have a few adjusters for you to test.

Dick

by Dick

So are these actually the lightest cables/housings available (relatively cost effectively)?

Better than Nokon etc?

brearley

by brearley

Anybody know whether I can use Nokon Liner with this?
Being in the UK I need some new liner and looking for cheapest way of doing it.
Shipping from US is $7 and the liner is only $11 so doesn't make sense to me.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Dick wrote:So are these actually the lightest cables/housings available (relatively cost effectively)?

Better than Nokon etc?

They are the lightest out-of-the-box complete system, 13g lighter than the Aican Bungarus, but I believe the lightest combo would be Bungarus housing and KCNC Ti cables.

lannes

by lannes

double post
Last edited by lannes on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lannes

by lannes

Both the powercordz inners are way lighter than ti cables.

http://fairwheelbikes.com/power-cordz-d ... -1802.html

http://fairwheelbikes.com/power-cordz-b ... -1329.html

The swift is the lightest cable set combination available.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So are these lighter than the cables that come with Aican Bungarus and do they fit through the Bungarus housing?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Yes, the PowerCordz cables are lighter than the cables that comes with the Bungarus set, about 55g lighter in all.

The derailleur cables should fit the Bungarus housing since they're the same diameter as the cables that comes in the Aican kit, but the PowerCordz brake cables are larger diameter than the Aicans so I'm not sure they'll fit.