Titanium brake and derailleur cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tantra

by tantra

Has anyone tried the new Ti cables from KCNC? These are available from Fairwheel (http://fairwheelbikes.com/kcnc-titanium ... -5506.html). I wonder if they are too stretchy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jpanspac

by jpanspac

I've bought a set but haven't put them on yet. I'll try to remember to post my impressions when I do.
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

mythical

by mythical

I would expect them to stretch initially after setup, like steel cables, but no more issues after the initial break-in period. There's no reason not to buy them, especially given the weight advantage over steel cables.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

+1 to what mythical said.
I have the KCNC cables, and they are one of the better products in the sea of gimmicks that Cycling has become.
Ti is a perfect material for cables.

Of course, everything can be improved, and it'd be great if they could have an even better slickcoat.

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Doesn't ti fatigue more easily than stainless? If it does, then I wouldn't want to use it for my shift cables. I already have to replace my rear shift cable every 3000 to 4000 miles, and I know I couldn't afford new ti cables at that rate.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

I have been using them for the brakes with Fibula brakes and so far it has been good....not to fond on the gold finish but it only shows a bit They weight half what a regular SS cable weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have been using them for shifting and brake with aican bungarus and they work fine, pricey though.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;