Rotor Aero Q-rings, is there a new 2014 design?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ill principe

by ill principe

In Rotor 2014 news brochure the Aero Rings are shown with a new, more subtle design. Pictured below (from Eurobike). The design is also seen on pro bikes this year.

On the product section of Rotors site the "old" design is displayed, product pictures from nearly all online retailers also shows this design.

R2-bike is showing the top design, and I ordered from them in december. But received the "old" design. After returning the item and waiting for the new, I have now received the message that the "old" design is 2014 and no other will be available (retailer quoting their supplier).

Since I'm matching the rings to the new design of Rotor cranks I of course would like the one without "lines", but if its not going to be available for the public there is no point searching and waiting. Racing bike-season is getting closer even in Scandinavia

Anyone with insight?
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

ichobi

by ichobi

2014 q rings from rotor dealer event i attended. They all have new graphics. Whiter text and subtle design. Looks way better than the old ones. There will be no more standard rings from rotor from now on as they want to show branding on the aero rings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ill principe

by ill principe

Thanks for the reply. Now its just a matter of finding a dealer that can sell me a 2014 ring.

The new graphics on both cranks and rings is a huge step forward!
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

Homie1

by Homie1

Anyone have found a dealer who has the new design?

dominikk

by dominikk

On first picture ichobi pasted are on 130 segment 50t/36t rings?
Is it even possible or it's just a wrong signed?
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

dominikk, I just was about to comment on the same thing, pretty sure that isn't possible.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Helspie

by Helspie

I've bought some rotors last week in the new design. I like it also more then before...

Sleepless

by Sleepless

I recently purchased 3D+ crankset from Bellatisport with the new design. They possibly have the chainrings with the new design as well. Price is good too.

ichobi

by ichobi

You guys sure have good eyes. It didn't cross my mind when I looked at the shelf. It could simply be mistake from the staff.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dominikk

by dominikk

hoping they reinvented something ;)
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!