last tubular flat?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

RyanH wrote:I've done about 6k miles on Conti Sprinters in Urban LA with two flats. One was in the rain where 12 out of 16 of us flatted. Vittoria Pit Stop worked on that flat. The last time I flatted was due to the valve completely failing. I had to put on my spare tub, which took less time than my friend's flat repair on his clinchers (we flatted at the same time).

On clinchers, I used to suffer a decent amount of pinch flats due to the numerous pot holes we have over here.

you must have very strong fingers....or know of some tricks to get that tubi off the wheel ??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

metanoize

by metanoize

I have two bikes that have Veloflex Arenberg on them, one bike got a rear flat in 90 miles, the other I replaced the tire with no flats after 2641 miles! Both are always ridden throughout the same routes, what gives :)

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Stay away from shitty $30 tubs. Because I was too impatient to wait for my vittorias to come in from the UK, I bought a pair of continental giros. Two flats in under 25mi worth of riding. Both straight through the center of the tread from normal road debris, no nails, screws, or thin bits of wire.

atakaoka

by atakaoka

EightFiveTwo wrote:
RyanH wrote:I've done about 6k miles on Conti Sprinters in Urban LA with two flats. One was in the rain where 12 out of 16 of us flatted. Vittoria Pit Stop worked on that flat. The last time I flatted was due to the valve completely failing. I had to put on my spare tub, which took less time than my friend's flat repair on his clinchers (we flatted at the same time).

On clinchers, I used to suffer a decent amount of pinch flats due to the numerous pot holes we have over here.

you must have very strong fingers....or know of some tricks to get that tubi off the wheel ??

I use tire levers it help a lot.
cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

sedluk

by sedluk

SpinnerTim, Great writeup

Because you run lower air pressure that can help reduce the chances of some flats. Your tire will flex more easily and you will be able to run over a sharp object without it cutting into the tire.

bjorn240

by bjorn240

Last one was last September - sharp rock gash/puncture on a large-aggregate gravel road (Todd Road North, Katonah, NY). Continental Competition 22mm. It is stupid to ride 22mm tubulars on gravel, but sometimes, it's fun to be stupid.