NeilPryde Bura SL sub 750 gram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JensW

by JensW

NeilPryde has showed a new lightweight frame, sub 750 gram for production is pretty good. not the lightes, but looks really good and interesting design: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ok--33370/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BrianAllan

by BrianAllan

I've been interested to see what Neil Pryde came up with next. Light-weight seems to be the route they're going with this model. Did you hear any aero-dynamic properties being touted in the overview? I hope they're not sacrificing that aspect of design in order to achieve an arbitrary weight savings.. The frame itself kind of reminds me of the BMC Team Machine.

And.. I can't wait to see that TT frame!

JensW

by JensW

they said nothing about aero on that frame, but as I se it, if you whant a full aero frame (from NeilPryde), it´s the Alize that is the frame to get. and yes, the TT bikes look really good, both TT models.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Nice weight but I don't see the appeal in awful matte black paint jobs that make the thing look plastic. Absolutely hate the paint job - matte black is not badass.

JensW

by JensW

CarpetFibre wrote:Nice weight but I don't see the appeal in awful matte black paint jobs that make the thing look plastic. Absolutely hate the paint job - matte black is not badass.

at the same time, that is a prototype, with manly is for testing :D and light = no paint :D but i sues they will have custom paint option on this as on the other models.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm not 100% sure I believe that weight.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

JensW wrote:at the same time, that is a prototype, with manly is for testing :D and light = no paint :D but i sues they will have custom paint option on this as on the other models.

Oh sweet. :thumbup:

JensW

by JensW

gumgardner wrote:I'm not 100% sure I believe that weight.

i gues will will find out :D i can just say that they weight that they mention on the site on the Alize and diablo frames is pretty spot on. my alize, in the painted version (that should be heavier), was 1036 grams for a 56 (they say 1040 gram). it was the same with diablo. so i don´t se why they would lie about this, specially considering that it was lighter from the beginning, and that they say sub 750 gram, and not i exact weight. but as i said, we will se in september :D

artray

by artray

I like it, looks great and im sure the weights will be fine. I think one of their pre-production models was 680grms. Lets face it a lot of bikes are starting to come in under 800grms , be interested to see what the new trek will weigh.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

CarpetFibre wrote:Nice weight but I don't see the appeal in awful matte black paint jobs that make the thing look plastic. Absolutely hate the paint job - matte black is not badass.

The more paint you have the more the frame weighs.

gumgardner wrote:I'm not 100% sure I believe that weight.

While I never like to believe claims before a production anything is released, I bet they're pretty close to spot on. I spoke with them a few weeks ago about this bike and why they were making it heavier since they already had a working sub 700 gram and while they want to make something light, they want to make it stiff and ride worthy. So at least they aren't totally fixated on weight.

JensW wrote: but as i said, we will se in september :D

Luckily we won't have to wait that long.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

It will be one of lightest if it is actually what it is claimed. (which seems to be the case :D )

It appears most of the claimed wieghts have not bee at all accurate.
(ie, EVO=697 for a 56 size, BH, etc... it seems like teh cliche now is "696gm" then all we see is a size 52 frame that is just over that weight, I should say I am being a little sarcastic, before someone post a picture of an Evo sice 54 that is close to the claimed wieght. )

I like it. But this is WW so.......

JensW

by JensW

madcow wrote:Luckily we won't have to wait that long.

you are probably right :D

my impression of NeilPryde is that they are really serious about what they do, and has the "economical muscles" to not have to taking shortcuts, and to be able to use a wind tunnel even if it cost a lot. it´s a interesting brand.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

JensW wrote:
madcow wrote:Luckily we won't have to wait that long.

you are probably right :D

my impression of NeilPryde is that they are really serious about what they do, and has the "economical muscles" to not have to taking shortcuts, and to be able to use a wind tunnel even if it cost a lot. it´s a interesting brand.

Jens I have to agree with you. To be totally honest when I first saw Neil Pryde bikes my initial thought was, "oh, another off the peg frame that's being re-branded." And with that I totally dismissed the brand. Then the more I found out about them the more I was intrigued, and then completely impressed with them. They may be new to the game but they certainly aren't cutting any corners. They are a large, extremely well funded company that really does seem interested in making things better, not just something that sells (and they seem willing to spend the money on actual R&D unlike so many others) I see a lot of different things from plenty of new companies every year, but unlike many of them NP is actually quite exciting for me.

JensW

by JensW

I can say that they have exe lent service to, with i find as a big plus in my book as a customer. not hard to have to do with, as some other companies.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I have been doing a little research eversince the FWB video of the "tricksters" on NP bikes.

I really hope they go a long way.

I only wish that the frame could allow other seatposts, becasue this is definitly a WW frame, but thats not too big of deal.

That is a specific shape post..correct? I hope I am wrong.
Attachments
1331207603869-1itio1u2gp548-670-75.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com