Look 675 vs. Colnago M10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

secan

by secan

Hello,
I would like to ask you, if you can help with my dilema. I´m before my "life trade" :)
Just now, I´m riding Orbea Orca (2008) on Campy Record, size 49.
I bought new wheels (Campy Bora) and need new frameset.
My dilema is in "grande finale" Colnago M10 or Look 675.
I would like to buy new frameset, setup it on new wheels and than bought new campy record eps.
Please, can anyone say his own opinion on these two frames?
Many thanks in advance
Have a nice day 2 all.

davidalone

by davidalone

both are very nice frames.
you'd be splitting hairs here. I think it will come down to which one you plain like better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

I have never ridden a Look but I have owned one Giant TCR Alliance 2007 three Cervélo R3 2007/2008 and now an M10 from 2011. I rode the R3 for some +10000 km.

After ridden the M10 for some 2000 km I could say that it is as snappy as the R3 BUT much more comfortable. Which suits me as a 44 year wannabie... 8)

secan

by secan

Many thanks for your reply guys. I´m 29y old.
I´m looking forward to an universal bike for training, racing, sometimes tri races.
Orbea looks like pretty grandma, Campy Bora helps, but I know, technology goes forward and new frameset will makes me happy, better feeleng and yes, I love new gear, all we´re boys, so lets go play :)
Not enough money to buy complete bike, so I have to change parts separately... As I wrote before, already have good wheelset, now need to buy good frame :)
Thank you very much again for your help.
BTW. what do you think about Look frame and Campy EPS combo?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

secan

by secan

NiFTY, although I want to race with this bike? Is 675 so stiff, like race bike should be?

secan

by secan

Oh, thanks, in your topic, they compare bikes from higher (highest) level from each brand :) but helpful! Thanks ;-)

Privateer

by Privateer

True, but I thought the discussions would be of interest to you. The frames aren't that different. Personally I'd take an M10 over a C59.

TimW

by TimW

Look has too many proprietary components. Therefore an M10. but I'd rather a C59 :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

Privateer wrote:True, but I thought the discussions would be of interest to you. The frames aren't that different. Personally I'd take an M10 over a C59.

Why? Just curious. ( I have the M10)