HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:27 pm 

I should have known better when I had to pry a set of "in stock" brakes out him two months after paying for them. I needed a second set of pad holders and a replacement nut for the micro pad holders however, so I went for broke. Spoke with him on the phone and he said he could get the parts to me by the following Wednesday. Should have known better. That was 20 September. I will simply post the emails below so others can be warned with how he works. He will drag a transaction out to the point you can't file a claim with paypal. Ball is all in his court. If you really want to buy his brakes, do it from ebay so you know you will actually get them. He is working by himself now, so he doesn't even have employees making bad product he can blame. I plan on filing a Better Business Bureau as well in Georgia.

Quote:
21 Sep
Ted,
I got some Micro brakes from you this spring. Love them. I had a little issue with the silver square piece inside the pad holder getting cross threaded today. I am falling back for now to use a pad holder off my zero gravity brakes, but I would love to buy another one of the parts I stripped. It is the little square nut inside the pad holder. To make it worth shipping I would love to get a whole second set of pad holders too for front and rear. I am switching pads out these days for two sets of wheels (one carbon, one not) and I think having a whole second set of pad holders would make this a lot easier.
The zero gravity pad holders seem to be holding for now, but I would rather be using the right parts for the brakes. I left the spherical washers off when I installed the gen 1 zero gravity pad holders and it worked. Is there any chance this is a common part I can find at a LBS? I have a race next weekend and realize the parts can't get here from you that fast.

Quote:
21 Sep
Hi,
Sure, I can get those out for you tomorrow and the replacement nut. Priority mail should have it to you by Wednesday! I will send over a Paypal invoice now.
Thanks,
Ted

Quote:
12 Oct
Hi Ted.
Realized you might not have my address to mail the pad holders. I paid about a month ago, but didn't see anywhere my address is in there. It should be:

Quote:
14 Oct
Hi Matt,
Sorry for the delays. Here is the tracking info:

Quote:
22 Oct
That number isn't coming up with any tracking info. Have been able to ship the pad holders and backing nut?

Quote:
4 Nov
Any updates. It has been a couple weeks. I could really use the parts.

Quote:
5 Nov
I am checking on the tracking with USPS now. I will get back to you in 24 hours.
Ted

Quote:
24 Nov
Any updates. It has been 19 days since you said you would get back to me in 24 hours.

Quote:
9 Dec
Ted,
Do you plan on shipping the pad holders to me? I really need the nut for the inside of the pad holder if nothing else. I have a set of useless brakes without the nut.

Quote:
9 Dec
I sent those out a while ago - I will check on it in the morning.

Quote:
9 Dec
Using the tracking number provided, it only shows as a pre-shipment. Never mailed.

Quote:
15 Dec
Ted, please mail these parts. I really need them for a build that has now been sitting for three months. If you can't provide the brake pad holders, at the very least I could finish the build with the nut for the brake pad bolt.

Crickets since then. I am going to go with the public shaming to try and get my $90 back from him. As those who have dealt with him know, he won't answer his phone, and you get an automated response email from him. How shitty is his business model that he can't even deliver a nut for a brake pad and a set of pad holders?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm 

NSS :roll:

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm 

Every 2 weeks there is here a new Caimillo rant. :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 am 

...That's because there's one born every minute.

It reminds me of what my gramps used to say..."Boy! He saw you comin'"!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 am 

New boss, same as the bold boss.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126509&hilit=if+I+never

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125302&hilit=ted+poor+business

My ~9.3kg / ~20.5lb Scale 29 Pro