2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL internal Di2 battery

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

torebb

by torebb

Hi!

Does anyone know if you can fit an internal Di2 battery on the 2013 Giant TCR Adv. SL? Has anyone tried it? How does it look?

Horacio

by Horacio

I have the bike you mentioned and battery, although the battery is being installed in a Wilier Cento 1SR. The internal battery will fit into the Giant's ISP, although you must get creative in order to figure out how to integrate it. It's not impossible. The Wilier also has an ISP. If you want me to go into detail as to what I did to make it work, let me know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MNX1024

by MNX1024

@Horacio This is something that I am very interested in. Is it possible that you can detail the process in this thread? Thanks!

upside

by upside

I built one this past winter from some help in WW. I duct taped a zip tie to the battery so to hook it to pull it from the frame. Used some bubble wrap.. you won't need much.. then stuff it in the ISP. It never moved and worked perfect.. easy.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Do you have a guide or pictures? That would be nice as I'm trying to do this myself. Also, how do you route the cables to the battery, does the bottom bracket needs to be removed to do that?

upside

by upside

I sold the bike.. you have to remove the crank and BB. Then just run the wires and shove the junction box up in the down tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com