HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:05 am 
Formerly known as wassertreter

Thanks Eric, I'll stay with the Reynolds then, on Yishun/basalt.

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:21 am 

Tried both Reynolds Blue and Swissstop Black Prince pads on Farsports FSL24-TM rims.
  • Reynolds Blue - lasted 4800 km, good consistent braking throughout their life, good modulation.
  • Swissstop Black Prince - lasted 1800 km, very slightly stronger braking but significantly poorer modulation than the Reynolds Blue, grabby
As expected, when wet, both pads had some performance degradation, but nothing to differentiate them.
There was probably a little more life in the Black Prince pads, but I wanted to get back to the Reynolds Blue pads.
For me, a clear winner (Reynolds Blue): While a whisker weaker in braking performance than Black Prince, they have significantly better modulation and their life is also far superior.
Also tried Swissstop Yellow quite a while ago .. compared to Blue and Black Prince .. belong in the bin!!
Me: 79 kg, in the 6600 km trial, did around 100,000 m ascents and the same descents, brakes: KCNC C7.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:02 am 
Administrator

Since I first posted back in April I have put of 10,000 km's on Reynolds blue pads. Great braking in both dry and wet. Actually wet performance is the same as dry. Wear has been great too. I bought a second set but even after 10,000 km they look like they could go at least another 10,000. Also they have never once squealed and have run perfectly silent.

-First one over the cliff wins!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:06 am 

thprice wrote:
Tried both Reynolds Blue and Swissstop Black Prince pads on Farsports FSL24-TM rims.
  • Reynolds Blue - lasted 4800 km, good consistent braking throughout their life, good modulation.
  • Swissstop Black Prince - lasted 1800 km, very slightly stronger braking but significantly poorer modulation than the Reynolds Blue, grabby
As expected, when wet, both pads had some performance degradation, but nothing to differentiate them.
There was probably a little more life in the Black Prince pads, but I wanted to get back to the Reynolds Blue pads.
For me, a clear winner (Reynolds Blue): While a whisker weaker in braking performance than Black Prince, they have significantly better modulation and their life is also far superior.
Also tried Swissstop Yellow quite a while ago .. compared to Blue and Black Prince .. belong in the bin!!
Me: 79 kg, in the 6600 km trial, did around 100,000 m ascents and the same descents, brakes: KCNC C7.

Hi, theprice, I have Farsports rims and their own blue pads are pretty good for my use(although they squeal sometimes), how do you compare the performance of Farsports' pads to Reynolds'?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 am 

Have not tried the Farsports pads.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3