Sell me on Carbone Ultimates

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

So I've never really been a fan of the Mavic due to their appearance... but over time the look has grown on me. My acceptance of the aesthetics is largely a byproduct of how well rounded they seem to be and how popular they remain despite their profile being "outdated" by today's standards. The cost is still pretty crazy... but if this wheel really is all that and a bag of chips - I'm all ears (though my wife may have my head).

Currently, I'm riding HED Stinger 6 and they are a pleasure to ride at speed - also my first tubular experience. They weight of the HEDs are nothing spectacular and I do feel the heft is noticeable for a moment during accelerations. Living in very hilly area, I wouldn't mind wheels with a little more snap and willingness to go uphill - and a lower depth is starting to be more appealing to me due to a few recent less-than-stellar experiences with crosswinds.

My worry is mostly this: the Stingers hold their speed SO well and truly just feel fast... those are attributes I wouldn't be eager to leave behind with another set of tubs (only one may remain!).

There are my random thoughts. Please share yours!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks for that.

Due to the overwhelming response to this thread - I've decided on CXP 22s!