Veloplugs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

in all my Enve's, they are the Red version. i had a set of Far Sports rims. also red. never used yellow ones...as they were for larger diameter spoke holes.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

1415chris

by 1415chris

bikewithnoname wrote:I have yellows in my archetype's they work just fine, tight to install but just knocked them in gently with a small soft headed hammer, no additional tape needed, no flats.

Have you managed to sattle them properly on the trim bead?
In my case Archetype spoke holes were just too tight to do that.
Last edited by 1415chris on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

yep, they fit nice and flush (I doubt they would come out without me jamming a screwdriver through them though). These are on a grey anodised set, maybe the coating is fractionally thinner?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

1415chris

by 1415chris

So it seems there are descripencies between these rims or between the veloplugs themselfs.
There was no chance to fit yellow ones on the black anodized version without damaging the plugs. Even using thirt party force, read hammer, the plug did not sattle properly, leaving about 1-2mm gap between the plug and the rim. That is why I went for the red ones.

Krackor

by Krackor

If you have to layer tape over the veloplugs, why bother with the plugs in the first place? Seems better to just use a layer or two of Stan's tape. It's faster to install, about the same weight (5g claimed for both), cheaper, and tubeless compatible! I used some red veloplugs in Farsports rims, but I've been using the Stan's since then. I don't see the point in the veloplugs anymore.