Frame size, new bike fitting, questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cassard

by cassard

for the Endurace, Saying it will be more conservative means yes that the fit will be more relaxed.

Depending on what is your objectives and your "biomecanical capacity" if I could say (LBP, super stiff, etc) and if you want a uber confort fit. Yes the medium could be a nice confortably fit and you could have the potentiel to almost slam it and still be confortable. With 578mm stack it would be high, but very upright. The only problem would be the reach. 382mm with a 100mm stem can be sometimes to far for people of this high. But consider that your inseam is a bit low for your height, I don't think that the reach should be a problem to get a medium.

gaspard123

by gaspard123

hanakuso1 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm
I'm looking to buy a Canyon Endurace and I just got a bike fit last week. My fitter mentioned i'm right between a small and medium. He said I should go with the medium to be more conservative. Does conservative mean more relaxed?

I'm 5' 9.5" (176.5 cm) with an inseam of 31" (79 cm)
not familiar with canyon geo, but you have pretty short legs for your height. if you like to ride upright and have a bunch of spacers stacked under your stem, the medium is probably fine. but I also have short legs and find that smaller frames work best because the head tube on larger bikes is just too tall to get my stem low enough, so I would definitely opt for the small. for fast group riding go small, for casual, non-aero position, go medium. you need to compare what you ride now as far as head tube height and spacers on stem to get the best answer. both sizes could potentially work, it all depends on how high you want your bars. if the stack on the M is really 578, that's way too tall for a short legged rider trying to get a good "roadie" position unless you have really short arms

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dukeduke1

by dukeduke1

hey guys I'm decided for a purchase of Pinarello Dogma F10X now I'm just not sure what size I need for my body proportions. I'm 183cm and my inseam is 86cm. For further measurements you can look in to the link. https://imgur.com/nW2VtP7 thank you in advance :)

edit: Most likely I'm gonna need size 56 but you know what, I'd like to read some comments about Pinarello sizing and your personal opinions.

dim

by dim

dukeduke1 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 pm
hey guys I'm decided for a purchase of Pinarello Dogma F10X now I'm just not sure what size I need for my body proportions. I'm 183cm and my inseam is 86cm. For further measurements you can look in to the link. https://imgur.com/nW2VtP7 thank you in advance :)

edit: Most likely I'm gonna need size 56 but you know what, I'd like to read some comments about Pinarello sizing and your personal opinions.
use this: https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Stor ... e.jsp#type
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

cassard

by cassard

dukeduke1 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Pinarello Dogma's aren't the easiest to find and fit since they have a lot of in between sizing and are not measured like most of the companies.

As for you proportions, you have short leg/average for your eight and with your measurements you can chose between a 55 and a 56. It's only gonna depend on what kind of fit and look your a looking for. If you want something a bit more sporty and agressive, go for the 55. The main difference is the 8mm stack. (2mm reach is almost nothing).

If you want to be sure to have the maximum of handlebar height because you want confort, go for the 56.

You also have to think about the seat post length. Since pinarello's are very squared traditionnal, this is the mistake most people do when choosing the size. They take the higher size witch make a ridiculous look.

this is what I think, based on my experience of pre-fitting (for size finding) and fitting pinarello's.

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

Edit: Sorry wrong thread

pashax

by pashax

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on that frame. It is 56cm and I am 183cm , so it should fit. $360. Yay or nay ?
http://peloton.com.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=48694
"If you brake, you do not win". MC

ENBEHADE

by ENBEHADE

Thinking of buying the Endurace CF SL but doubting to go for a medium or large. Bikefitter is saying I should go for a large but when im entering some data in their precision fit on their website; it says medium. I'm around 1.85/86 with an inseam of 86,8 / 87. According to the bikefit based on body measurements I got the following stack (594) and reach (368) - excluding spacers. But still got the feeling that it was slightly too long. Any idea if I could go for a medium or a large would be better?

Snabb

by Snabb

ENBEHADE wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Thinking of buying the Endurace CF SL but doubting to go for a medium or large. Bikefitter is saying I should go for a large but when im entering some data in their precision fit on their website; it says medium. I'm around 1.85/86 with an inseam of 86,8 / 87. According to the bikefit based on body measurements I got the following stack (594) and reach (368) - excluding spacers. But still got the feeling that it was slightly too long. Any idea if I could go for a medium or a large would be better?
I am 184.5 with an inseam of 88 cm and looking for a inflite as a commuter/winter bike. I think I will go for the medium and maybe a cm or two longer stem. It is my first Canyon but if between sizes size down they say. The endurance have a taller headtube so I don`t think it will be too low.

pashax wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on that frame. It is 56cm and I am 183cm , so it should fit. $360. Yay or nay ?
http://peloton.com.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=48694
Do it!
Ride lots!

nonamed

by nonamed

Hi guys, I am looking for Yours advice. I am choosing between two CX bikes:

- Inflite AL SLX 6.0 Race (2018) https://www.canyon.com/en/road/inflite/ ... -race.html
- Focus Mares AL Tiagra https://www.focus-bikes.com/int/24268-m ... tiagra.htm

I am 179cm and my Inseam is 84.5cm. As always I am between two sizes...
I wonder If I will be better on Inflite sized M or S and Mares - M or L ....

Looking for Yours advice. I am going to use this bake 50/50 paved roads and terrain. Spec doesn't matter in this case.

PS. I am currently riding endurance road bike - Synapse HiMod 2014 size 54 and is perfect with 110cm stem.

sfo423

by sfo423

I need some 'independant' advice on a replacement frame. I am replacing a TCR Advanecd SL and was looking at the F10 disc. I want a shorten up my reach and get a touch more relaxed. I am OK when on the tops on my Giant, but when I get on the hoods I am starting to feel too stretched. Specs:

TCR in L:
Head Angle 73°
Seat Angle 72°
TT 585
HT: 185
Stack 590 (measured by me)
Reach 406 (measured by me)
PRO PLT 120mm (10d) flipped and 30mm spacers and Giant top cap (15mm under stem)

F10 disc 595
Head Angle: 73.4
Seat Angle 72.4
TT 587
HT 215
Reach: 394
Stack: 612

Am I going to have a super short stem, like a 100? I think the F10 (w/a 215HT) would still need a stem with a good rise as well? Am I overthinking this and should look for a bike a ~57 TT and and ~200 HT?

TIA!

addicted

by addicted

Hi all, could I please get some advice on Argon 18 Nitrogen sizing?

According to their chart, I am either a small or a medium. Saddle height is right at top end of small, but then the top tube would be a little on the short side for me and I'd likely need to use their tallest stem spacer. With the medium, I think the front end height and the frame length seem to work, but wondering if my saddle will look like it is jammed way down into the frame??

I ride with a BB-top of saddle height of 73cm.
In the past, a frame that has worked well for me size-wise is a Colnago 50S with a 120 stem, if that helps...

Thanks!!!

borza

by borza

Hi guys, need some advice on buying the Colnago V2-R.
Not sure whether I should choose a 50s or 52s. I currently ride a 2009 Fuji Roubaix size 56 which is a bit big by my account. Longer rides tend to cause some neck/shoulder/upper back pain. :(

I've replaced the stem with a shorter one (100 mm), and pushed the sadddle all the way forward, which helped to a degree. However, I still feel that my saddle is too far backward based on the knee/pedal spindle position in 3 o'clock position. I also did not get rid of the shoulder pain.
Been planning this for a long time and I really hope to solve my fitting and poor bike issues, so any help would be immensely appreciated! :beerchug:
Any owners out there, please give your input! :thumbup:

Here are my measurements:
Inseam: 82.5 cm
Trunk: 66 cm
Forearm: 35.5 cm
Arm: 64.5 cm
Thigh: 58 cm
Lower leg: 54.5 cm
Sternal notch: 148.5 cm
Total height: 176 cm

nismosr

by nismosr

borza wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:42 pm
Hi guys, need some advice on buying the Colnago V2-R.
Not sure whether I should choose a 50s or 52s. I currently ride a 2009 Fuji Roubaix size 56 which is a bit big by my account. Longer rides tend to cause some neck/shoulder/upper back pain. :(

I've replaced the stem with a shorter one (100 mm), and pushed the sadddle all the way forward, which helped to a degree. However, I still feel that my saddle is too far backward based on the knee/pedal spindle position in 3 o'clock position. I also did not get rid of the shoulder pain.
Been planning this for a long time and I really hope to solve my fitting and poor bike issues, so any help would be immensely appreciated! :beerchug:
Any owners out there, please give your input! :thumbup:

looks like you need a 52s
Here are my measurements:
Inseam: 82.5 cm
Trunk: 66 cm
Forearm: 35.5 cm
Arm: 64.5 cm
Thigh: 58 cm
Lower leg: 54.5 cm
Sternal notch: 148.5 cm
Total height: 176 cm
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60