Chris King New Bottom Brackets - Where to buy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vladt

by vladt

Hi Guys,

Few months ago I've seen new Chris King Bottom Brackets being mentioned on bikerumour and few other sites.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/chris-king-turns-over-a-new-leaf-interbike-2012-35277/

Does anyone know where I can get them from ? (looking for PF30 to 24mm adapter)

Cheers
Vladt

jimh

by jimh

I emailed aspire-velotech asking when the PF30 BB is available response was expected to be April.

here's the response:

Thanks for your email. The new Press Fit BB30 Bottom Brackets won’t be available from Chris King until April 1. The price for this bottom bracket with stainless steel bearings will be $165.00 and with ceramic bearings for $235.00. Please check back with us in April for updated stock status.

Just let me know if I can assist any time.

Best regards,
John Kellison
Customer Service
Aspire VeloTech
www.Aspire2bGreat.com

If you don't want to wait another option which seems to be getting pretty good feedback is the praxis converter BB.

Anyway be interested to hear how it goes as I'm mucking around with PF30 to BSA adapter and using a GXP BB which was used a cheap option but has started creeping out and require regular maintenance to push it back in every couple of weeks.

I'll probably get a new groupset with a proper BB30 crank...

cheers
Jim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vladt

by vladt

Thanks heaps Jim.
Much appreciate you finding it out.

I am definitely going to wait for the new CK BB. As with any CK products, it's "set it and forget it", especially given the numerous "creaking" issues people are having with PF30 to 24mm adapters.
I only wish Shimano finally got on a band wagon and made a PF30 or BB30 compatible crank, however this isn't going to happen, so adapter is my only option.
While there are number of PF30 cranks on the market, the shimano has the best longevity and shifting quality. (unless there is something else you could recommend?)
If you do get stock notification, please let me know.

I am preparing to build my new ride when my Moots RSL frame finally comes in. (while I am waiting, I am hoping to get all the build kit ready)

Cheers
Vlad

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hey guys,
Have a look at our Conversion BB. It's exactly why we made it and designed it with our Praxis Collet System...
"Set it up and forget it" If any questions just give us an email.

Here is our product page on it. http://praxiscycles.com/pages/conversion

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

jimh

by jimh

Adam - Any eta for the GXP or Campag versions ? Your website implies they are coming .... soon (what's soon mean ??)

Decided Dura race is out because I'm not getting new wheels as well...

So that leaves either 1. Wait for a GXP version of the Praxis and stick with force or Sram Red with BB30 or Campag Record with the Praxis BB

Jim