Recall? 12/16/2005 Syntace?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmg3

by jmg3

http://www.syntace.com/

F99 Recall

Please make no return/ exchange at the turn of the year.

Tippster

by Tippster

"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

I emailed them that I have one of their stems but if I cut it in half I would have nothing to ride for the possible 2 weeks it would take. They emailed me back to call them. On the phone call they took my name and address and said they would send me the new stem with a self address package to send the stem back to them. The honor system. Pretty cool. I spoke to them on Tuesday but still haven't received it but I'm not worried. Sounds like a pretty dam good company.

flying

by flying

geraldatwork wrote:I emailed them that I have one of their stems but if I cut it in half I would have nothing to ride for the possible 2 weeks it would take. They emailed me back to call them. On the phone call they took my name and address and said they would send me the new stem with a self address package to send the stem back to them. The honor system. Pretty cool. I spoke to them on Tuesday but still haven't received it but I'm not worried. Sounds like a pretty dam good company.

Yes nice of them. I did the same thing as you. Crystal at Syntace USA said they would send me one too. Then I could destroy & mail a pic or mail stem back. They sent mine on the 20-21st. Not here yet but that is common & I expect it today or tomorrow.
Funny thing is I just bought it from Excel the week before. Then saw the warning while browsing the syntace site. I wrote excel & sent a copy of the recall. Hopefully they clean up their old stock.
Mine was marked 20-04 so 20th week of 2004
I bought it on 1-12-05

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Just received the new stem today. Great service which included a self addressed and prepaid mailing envelope. Now I just have to swap stems, install the computer mount (wireless is great) and good to go. And send the old stem back of course.

flying

by flying

Yes mine just arrived Saturday. Great service!
I just took a pic of the old one cut in half. They said just send a pic of the destroyed stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com